Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing service for developing, managing, deploying, and testing apps and services. It may be used with a variety of programming languages. It supports Microsoft-specific software, as well as a variety of third-party applications. The three alternatives available (SaaS) are infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and software as a service.
A candidate’s chances of getting hired in the cloud computing domain is a certification in Microsoft Azure. The opportunities for Microsoft Azure certified aspirants is growing rapidly and below are the reasons how this certification is used by millions of people across the globe.
- According to Microsoft, over 1,000 new customers sign up to Azure daily which means 365,000 new companies adopting MS Azure every year.
- Azure is being used by over 57% of Fortune 500 companies.
- With the help of Azure, Microsoft’s commercial cloud revenue has increased by 104%, with an annual run rate of $6.3 billion in revenue.
Cloud computing has a vast network and is utilised in various sectors in today’s life like Education, Healthcare, Banking and many more. Which makes this certification important and a step ahead in the future of technology.
Various services are provided by Microsoft Azure -
Azure compute services are the hosting services that are in charge of hosting and executing application workloads on Azure. Virtual Machine Scale Sets, Functions for Serverless Computing, Batch for containerized batch workloads, Service Fabric for microservices and Container orchestration, and Cloud Services for constructing cloud-based apps and APIs are all accessible.
The services that execute networking activities within Azure and between Azure and on-premise infrastructure are referred to as Azure Network Services. Azure networking tools include the Virtual Network, which can connect to on-premise data centres; Load Balancer; Application Gateway; VPN Gateway; Azure DNS for domain hosting; Content Delivery Network, Traffic Manager, ExpressRoute dedicated private network fibre connections; and Network Watcher monitoring and diagnostics.
Microsoft Azure's data storage solution provides both structured and unstructured data with safe and scalable cloud storage. Your data security specialists may use Azure Storage to verify that your on-premises data and cloud data are safely integrated. Multiple storage choices are available in Azure Storage, including blob, queue, file, and NoSQL. You may store whatever size of data that your business requires, from a little blob to a huge file, without disrupting the production environment. Blob, Queue, File, and Disk Storage are all included, as well as a Data Lake Store, Backup, and Site Recovery.
Web + Mobile
It is very simple to create Web + Mobile applications since it provides numerous services for designing and delivering apps. Azure mobile app service is a service that makes it simple to create interesting cross-platform and native apps for iOS, Android, and Windows. The following mobile capabilities may be implemented using Azure and back-end logic written in C# or Node.JS. Data may be saved in Azure Cloud Storage.
Azure Container Service, which supports Kubernetes, DC/OS, or Docker Swarm, and Container Registry, as well as microservices technologies, is available through Azure. To save your images and deliver them to any destination, you may use the Docker Hub or Azure Container Registry. Furthermore, it streamlines and improves the configuration procedure for cloud use. The main benefit is that it takes up less space than virtual machines and begins immediately, speeding up procedures.
Azure also has a number of SQL-based databases and tools. The SQL database is the most fundamental building component offered in Azure. On Azure, Microsoft provides this SQL server and SQL database in a variety of ways. We have the option of deploying a single database or numerous databases as part of a shared elastic pool.
Data + Analytics
HDInsight for Hadoop Spark, R Server, HBase, and Storm clusters are some of Azure's big data solutions.
AI + Cognitive Services
Applications with artificial intelligence capabilities, such as the Computer Vision API, Face API, Bing Web Search, Video Indexer, and Language Understanding Intelligent, may be developed with Azure. Microsoft Azure provides instant access to AI services for your AI teams, allowing you to communicate with customers, empower workers, and improve business processes throughout the enterprise. Your developers may use Azure's AI Platform to construct interactive apps that include NLP, speech recognition, voice synthesis, face identification, video indexing, and text analytics.
Internet of Things
IoT Hub and IoT Edge services are available, and they may be integrated with a range of machine learning, analytics, and communications services. Azure IoT gives your business a platform and services to create IoT applications without having to reinvent the wheel. Pre-configured solutions are available through Azure IoT Central (SaaS), but "Azure IoT solution accelerators" provide additional freedom in developing a custom solution for your company. Azure IoT Hub is a platform-as-a-service that supports Azure IoT Central and Azure IoT solution accelerators. In addition, Azure IoT provides a variety of SDKs and integration capabilities for connecting a variety of IoT devices and extracting insights from the incoming data using powerful analytics and visualization.
Security + Identity
Security Center, Azure Active Directory, Key Vault, and Multi-Factor Authentication Services are all part of this package.
Visual Studio Team Services, Azure DevTest Labs, mobile app deployment and monitoring, cross-platform mobile development, and other cloud development services are included.
Why we need Microsoft Azure Certification?
This Certification is important to get hold over the fastest growing and high in demand technology known as cloud computing. Through this Certification, a person can learn to use various cloud-based services and manage to secure a good job position in a tech company at a respectable pay scale. Different types of Microsoft Azure Role-Based Certifications to choose from based on their interest, experience and calibre and gain the knowledge of the new age cloud computing system introduced by Microsoft.
Below are the nine Microsoft Azure certifications which are organised into three levels: Fundamental, Associate and Expert.
- Azure – Fundamentals Exam AZ-900: This certification validates the foundational level of knowledge of Azure cloud services. It also helps non-tech candidates to understand cloud services who are offering services such as sales, purchasing, and marketing Azure cloud services.
- Azure Administrator – Associate Exam AZ-103: This new certification validates the knowledge and skills of implementing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft Azure services which include computing, storage, networking and security.
- Azure Developer – Associate Exam AZ-203: This certification is for developers to design, build, and maintain cloud applications and services with the coordination of cloud database administrators (DBAs), cloud solution architects, cloud administrators and clients. Certified Azure developers can participate in all phases of development like solution design, deployment, testing, and maintenance with coordination of cloud DBAs, cloud solution architects and cloud administrators.
Candidates must be skilled in at least one cloud platform supporting programming language and should have at least one-year experience in software development for scalable solutions.
- Azure Security Engineer – Associate Exam AZ-500: This certification is for candidates who implement and manage security controls, identity and access management and are responsible for securing cloud data, apps and networks. As a Microsoft Azure security engineer, candidates are responsible for managing and securing cloud-based solutions and may also secure hybrid cloud solutions as part of an end-to-end infrastructure.
- Azure AI Engineer – Associate Exam AI-100: This associate-level certification is designed for candidates who implement Microsoft AI solutions involving natural language processing, speech, computer vision, bots, and agents using Cognitive Services, Machine Learning and Knowledge Mining.
- Azure Data Scientist – Associate Exam DP-100: This certification is designed to learn about designing and implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure. It will help you learn to apply the Azure machine learning approaches in training, evaluation and deployment of models that are used to solve business problems.
- Azure Data Engineer – Associate Exams DP-200 and DP-201: This is designed to implement data solutions that include provisioning of data storage services, batch data processing, develop streaming, implement security requirements, implement data retention policies and accessing external data sources.
- Solutions Architect – Expert Exams AZ-300 and AZ-301: This exam helps engineers to design data storage, data processing and data security and compliance solutions for Azure services. Candidates must have the ability to design Azure SQL Databases, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Stream Analytics, and Blob storage services.
- Azure DevOps Engineer – Expert Exam AZ-400: This expert-level exam is designed for candidates who are the advocate for businesses and translate business needs into reliable, secure and scalable Azure cloud solutions. The prerequisites include advanced knowledge and expertise in various IT operations including virtualisation, identity management, virtual networking, security, business continuity, data management, disaster recovery, budgeting and governance.
How will the Azure certification help you?
The Microsoft Azure Certification will prepare you for a career as a certified Azure Cloud Solutions Architect. It will cover advanced activities for working with the Azure platform including managing Azure resources, configuring and deploying virtual machines and networks, and mastering Azure Cognitive Services solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Microsoft Azure certification?
The certification verifies your understanding of cloud services and how they are delivered using Azure. Candidates should have a basic understanding of cloud principles, as well as Azure services, workloads, security, privacy, pricing, and support.
What is Microsoft Azure used for?
Microsoft Azure is the company's public cloud computing platform, formerly known as Windows Azure. It offers computation, analytics, storage, and networking as well as other cloud services.
What is Microsoft Azure DevOps?
Microsoft's Azure DevOps platform is an Applications as a Service (SaaS) platform that offers a complete DevOps toolchain for building and distributing software. It also connects with the majority of popular tools, making it an excellent choice for coordinating a DevOps toolchain.
Is Microsoft Azure SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS?
Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing service that allows you to design, manage, deploy, and test applications and services. The three alternatives available (SaaS) are infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and software as a service.
Which are the most popular Microsoft Azure services?
Microsoft Azure Services include Azure DevOps, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Backup, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Active Directory, API administration, Azure Content Delivery Network, Azure Site Recovery, and Azure Bots.
In this article, we discussed various services provided by Microsoft Azure. We hope that this blog has helped you to get to know more about Microsoft Azure, to learn more view articles like Introduction to Cloud Computing and Cloud Computing Technologies articles on Coding Ninjas Studio. Do upvote our blog to help other ninjas grow. Happy Coding!