Flask is an elementary Python framework that is used for Web Development. The flask framework has no external dependencies on any of the frameworks. Flask has various extensions for multiple functions, such as uploading mechanisms, form validation, open authentication systems, and several other tools.
Django is yet another Python framework used for Web Development. Django offers elementary methods for effective and quick website development. Using Django, developers can create a Web application smoothly and in less time. Django is primarily used to develop complex data-driven web applications.
In this blog, we will look at all the points of Django vs Flask.
Let us discuss some of the key features of Django vs Flask.
- Django provides the developers with an MVC (Model View Controller) Architecture.
- Django can support various databases.
- Django contains pre-defined libraries for imaging, calculations, graphics, etc.
- Django also supports cross-platform operating systems.
- Django supports multiple front-end frameworks like Ajax, JQuery, etc.
- Django also supports multi-characters and multi-language.
- Flask provides support for integrated unit testing.
- Flask is based on the Werkzeug toolkit.
- Flask offers secure and safe cookie sessions.
- Flaks has extensive and detailed documentation.
- Flask is also compatible with the Google app engine.
- Flask has RESTful dispatching for requests.
- Flask can be easily deployed into production.
This section will look at the advantages of using both Django vs Flask.
- Django is very easy to set up and use, providing an easy-to-use interface for the developers.
- Django is compatible with End-To-End Testing.
- Django has support for various Authentication Protocols.
- Django can be used to create Multi-lingual Websites.
- Django offers the developers built-in authentication systems.
- Django also has a cache system that is equipped with several cache mechanisms.
- Django has high-level frameworks to provide rapid Web Development.
- Django has data modeled with python classes equipped with a complete stack of tools.
- Flask is more compatible with the latest technologies.
- Flask is comparatively easier to use for easier test cases.
- The codebase size is relatively small for Flask.
- It is effortless to build a quick prototype using Flask.
- Applications can quickly be constructed and maintained using Flask.
- Flask can also be used to integrate databases reasonably easily.
- Flask is a minimal and powerful platform having a small core.
- Flask has a lot of resources available online.
This section will look at the disadvantages of using both Django vs Flask.
- Django is formed out of one large platform or is a monolithic platform.
- Django is highly dependent on Django ROM.
- Django code size is comparatively very large.
- Django is not compatible with the latest technologies.
- Django is too bloated for minimal projects.
- Auto reloading can restart the whole server in Django.
- Django has a high learning curve.
- The available documentation for Django doesn't cover the entire points for real case problems.
- Django can only support a single request at a time.
- Django can be a little confusing to use, as the components can be deployed together.
- Flask can be expensive to use, as it has high maintenance costs.
- Flask can be very complicated when it comes to complex applications.
- Flask doesn't have ORM and databases.
- Async functions can be a minor problem in Flask.
- Creating large projects using Flask requires prior knowledge of the frameworks.
- Flask has a smaller community and little support when compared with Django.
Django vs Flask
Here are some of the differences between Django vs Flask,
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Flask?
Flask is a basic Python framework that is used for Web Development. The flask framework has no external dependencies on any of the frameworks.
What is Django?
Django is a Python framework used for Web Development. Django offers elementary methods for effective and quick website development.
What is MVC?
MVC stands for Model View Controller. It is a software design pattern used for designing user interfaces.
What is Python?
Python is a multi-purpose programming language. Its code is mostly emphasized on readability with the usage of a significant amount of indentation.
What are Django and Flask used for?
Django and Flask are both used for Web Development. Flask is used for developing single applications, whereas Django is used for more complex applications.
This Blog covered all the necessary points about Django vs Flask. We also discussed the various advantages of Django vs Flask and the disadvantages of using Django vs Flask. As a windup, we discussed some differences between Django vs Flask.
Don’t stop here; check out Coding Ninjas for more unique courses and guided paths. Also, try Coding Ninjas Studio for more exciting articles, interview experiences, and fantastic Data Structures and Algorithms problems.