Tip 1 : Don't stick to a single topic too much. Cover all and prepare short notes for all the topics so it will be easier for revision.
Tip 2 : Do projects so that they will be an added weightage.
Tip 3 : Practice a minimum of 100 questions on that particular topic so that it will be easy to crack within no time.
Tip 1 : Projects add good weight to the resume. So the interviewer asks the questions based on that.
Tip 2 : Resume should be genuine. You have to be confident of whatever is written in your resume
The platform was HackerEarth time duration was 1 hour.
1.) 25 MCQs (Both Easy and Gate Level Based)
2.) 1 Coding Question, that needs to be solved in O(logn) time. Program for Fibonacci numbers. The basic idea behind that question is we need to crack the pattern and then based on constraints we need to solve it.
This problem is a simple recursive problem. But time complexity of simple recursive calls is exponential. In O(long) this problem can be solved using a simple trick.
If n is even then k = n/2:
F(n) = [2*F(k-1) + F(k)]*F(k)
If n is odd then k = (n + 1)/2
F(n) = F(k)*F(k) + F(k-1)*F(k-1)
This method will solve this question in O(long).
It was a technical round. The platform was Zoom time duration was 40 mins. Started with Tell me something about yourself.
String ‘A’ is said to be similar to string ‘B’ ...
I solved this problem using this approach.
Let’s define the following operation on string S. We can divide it into two halves and if we want we can swap them. And also, we can recursively apply this operation to both of its halves. By careful observation, we can see that if after applying the operation on some string A, we can obtain B, then after applying the operation on B we can obtain A....
1. To write a function that will swap two numbers (2 or 3 fixed), i.e. if I got 2, I need to return 3 and vice versa.
2. Write SQL query for a table given by him.
3. Two classes are there Base and Derived where Derived class is inheriting Base class If we create an object of Derived class, and called destructor from it which destructor will be called first.
4. What is the difference be...
The platform was Zoom time duration was 1 hour 45 mins. Started with Tell me something about yourself. I told them, that I like solving algorithms, so she was like let’s start with trees then.
1. Draw a BST with randomly selected 12 values of your choice. Asked what’s the approach I am following while creating it. Write Code and Explain all the traversals for that particular tree. (i.e. Inorder, Preorder, and Postorder)
2. Find a Key in BST.
3. Write an SQL query to transpose a matrix.
4. Detailed discussion on one of my projects.
5. How do you design a product recommende...
This was a Hiring Manager Round. The platform was Zoom time duration was 30 mins. Started with Tell me something about yourself.
1. Why Walmart?
2. How do you fit in for the job?
3. Apart from academics, what are your hobbies?
4. How much do you push yourself for completing a project under its deadline?
5. Questions about projects.
6. What domains have you explored till now?
The platform was Zoom time duration was 20 mins. Asked me to give my introduction.
1. Questions on my hobbies, that I have mentioned while introducing myself.
2. Tell me about your three personality traits, according to your friend’s/colleagues’ perspective.
3. How do you react to a scenario where you as an intern got converted for full time but your close friend working with you got rejected?
4. Location preference? Why are you opting for that specific choice?