Tip 1 : Focus on DSA as you will be judged mostly on that for entry-level software engineer profiles.
Tip 2 : Don't mug up the solution as you might not be able to recall the approach or you might face new question that you haven't seen earlier.
Tip 3 : Practice as much as possible from platforms like InterviewBit, LeetCode.
Tip 1 : Try not to mention those things about which you are not comfortable.
Tip 2 : Having one or two good projects in resume helps.
Tip 3 : Mention good competitive programming ranks (if any)
Tip 4 : Use overleaf.com for making a resume using Latex.
1. Coded using recursion and backtracking but the time complexity was of exponential order so time limit exceeded.
2. Tried to code it using DFS but couldn't code it in the given time.
Interview started with an introduction and walk through the resume for first 5 minutes. After that, interview asked few coding questions.
1. I was little stuck in stuck in start but later on came up with DFS approach.
2. Interviewer was satisfied the approach and asked me to code it.
1. Told the brute force which is to traverse the whole matrix.
2. Optimized it using binary search on each row. But interviewer want more optimized approach than this.
3. After thinking for few minutes, came up with the approach of starting from top right and take decision whether to go left or down depending on the element in left. Interviewer asked me to further optimize.
This round was focused on DSA along with short discussion on computer science fundamentals. For coding problems, I was asked to code the first problem only. For others, had to discuss the approach only. For computer science fundamentals, discussion on OOPS. Differences between process and threads were discussed.
After getting some of the hints, was able to come up with in-order traversal approach which takes extra space. Interviewer wanted better approach without extra space. But couldn't think of it.
1. Told the approach using hashmap.
2. Optimized it further by using tries.