Problem of the day
Tip 1 : Have an idea about cloud computing and aws services
Tip 2 : learn linux and basic computer networks
Tip 3 : moderate level coding questions need to be practiced
Tip 1 : have some clous based technology included in your resume
Tip 2 : be confident and brush upon your basics in linux,networks and operating systems
First round is Online Test (no negative marking). It was held on campus itself in assigned labs. The test is divided into four main sections:
Operating Systems, DBMS and Computer Networks: This section had moderate-difficult level questions based on OS, DBMS, CN and troubleshooting. If you have a good grasp over the subjects then it wont be difficult to ace this round.
Technical round:asked general questions about networking, os and troubleshooting.
There were three rounds of interviews, all knockout rounds and were held on the same day. It will be a very long day for you, so I suggest you to be prepared.
This interview is based completely on Networking concepts. They expect you to answer in complete depth and be as detailed as possible. It is very normal for interviewer to keep typing on laptop to record your answers while you speak, so speak only what you are sure about, but do not be intimidated by it. A few questions that were asked:
1) Suppose I have a brand new laptop and I wish to connect it to the internet. What should I do, and what shall happen in background before the laptop is connected to the internet?
Ans. Manually assigning IP address or DHCP and DORA procedure. They expect you to explain in depth about DHCP and DORA
2) What happens in background when I write www.amazon.com on my web browser...
1) What are few methods of HTTP, what is HTTPs, is the port number different for HTTPs, how is SSL related to HTTPs, explain SSL handshake?
2) How is a hub, a router, and a switch different from each other? Explain in terms of broadcast domain.
3) As MSS was explained in TCP 3 way handshake, explain what is MTU and compare and contrast MSS and MTU together.
4) Explain in depth what is ...
Other important topics for AWS Networking Interview- Subnetting, OSI model with complete details and protocols on each layer, firewall in detail with all types (advantages/disadvantages)
Technical round: Asked general questions about networking, os and troubleshooting.
1.What are the advantages of having virtual memory?
2.How to trouble shoot windows system which has booting...
This round was based on Operating Systems and troubleshooting. Just like Interview 1, they expect you to answer in depth.
Other important topics for AWS Operating Systems and Troubleshooting interview: OS boot process (Win/Linux); Memory management ;Memory pages; Buffer and Caches, Basic commands; System date/time management, network time protocol; Managing Users and groups; File permissions; Managing softwares – installation, uninstallation, upgrade etc; Managing system services and background processes; Remote management of a system – SSH, RDP etc; Network protocols – FTP, HTTP (web servers), SMTP (mail server); System automation – cron, batch jobs, windows startup tasks
1) What are different types of memory present in a computer?
2) Explain the concept of virtual memory. If it’s not present in hardware, how does it store data? Explain framing, segmentation and paging.
3) Explain the entire boot process of windows. (choice was given between Windows and Linux)
4) What is cache? What are its different types? Explain the entire process of searching in mem...
1) Troubleshooting: I am not able to connect to the internet. I do not have a spare device with me. Troubleshoot the scenario and figure out where does the issue lie? (Ans. Issue can lie with the device, or the network, or from the server side. This needs to be answered strategically from the most common issue raised first, to the least common possibility addressed last)
Managerial Round- A senior manager from AWS will be taking this interview. It was very conversational and was based mostly on CV. All questions were asked in a completely non technical perspective, but had to be answered pertaining to previous professional tech experiences (be it academic, or internship related), and not in a generalised form.
How you’ve handled conflict with coworkers.
How you’ve handled high-pressure situations.
What are the 14 leadership principles of Amazon.
Tip 1 : try to answer general questions using past experiences
Tip 2 : Never make up a story in this round because they usually ask a lot of details of the story, even if they are not significant.
Tip 3 : be cool,It was a general conversational round and were just checking my emotional quotient.
Tip 4 : It will be a plus if you prepared for this interview with the 14 leadership prin...