k-th node from the end of the linked list
Posted: 19 Feb, 2021
Given the head node of the singly linked list and an integer ‘k’, , find the value at the kth node from the end of the linked list.
For the above-linked list, if k=2, then the value at the kth i.e second node from the end is ‘12’.
Input Format :
The first line of input contains an integer ‘T’ denoting the number of test cases. The next ‘2*T’ lines represent the ‘T’ test cases. The first line of each test case contains integers denoting the nodes of the linked list. Each line is guaranteed to have -1 at the end to signify the end of the linked list.The second line of each test case contains an integer ‘k’
Output Format :
For each test case, return a pointer pointing to the node which is at the k-th position from the last of the linked list.
1 <= T <= 50 0 <= N <= 10^5 -10^9 <= data <= 10^9 1 <=k <=N node->data ≠ -1. Where ‘T’ is the total number of test cases, ‘N’ denotes the number of elements in each Linked List, and ‘data‘ is the value of any node of the linked list and ‘k’ is the position of the element from the end to be returned. Time Limit : 1 sec
1.You don’t need to take any input. It has already been taken care of. Just implement the given function and return a pointer pointing to the k-th element from the last of the linked list. 2.It is guaranteed that k<=size of the linked list.
- We can find the kth node from end very easily if we know the total number of nodes in the list.
- We take a pointer ‘cur’ (initially pointing to head) and a variable ‘cnt’ to count total number of nodes.
- We move the ‘cur’ pointer forward by one step until we reach NULL and increment the count variable by one in each move.
- We will use the following property to find the kth node from the end.
- Kth node from end = (cnt-k+1)th node from the beginning.
- Let us store the value of cnt-k+1 in a variable ‘n’.
- Now traverse the linked list again and return the pointer to the ‘nth’ node.
Replace The Linked List
Posted: 1 Apr, 2021
Implement a Queue
Posted: 27 Jul, 2021
Vertical Sum in BST
Posted: 27 Jul, 2021
Remove Duplicates From Sorted List
Posted: 21 Sep, 2021
Binary Linked List To Integer
Posted: 22 Sep, 2021