TCS NQT Recruitment Process
Studying for placements? Thinking about your dream company? Want to be a part of TCS? So you are at the right place.
Source: The Tab
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is an Indian multinational IT company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. TCS is the world’s largest IT services company by market capitalisation ($200 billion) as of February 2021. TCS conducts an NQT exam to hire freshers for 2 job profiles - TCS Ninja and TCS Digital. Each candidate giving the NQT exam gets an NQT score, according to which he gets selected for the interview of Ninja and Digital profile.
This article will go through the TCS NQT exam in detail. The eligibility criteria of the exam, the package of 2 TCS profiles, the registration process for TCS and the syllabus pattern.
What is TCS NQT?
TCS NQT, also known as TCS National Qualifier Test, is a placement exam test organised by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to hire freshers. The students are hired for two roles: TCS Ninja and TCS Digital profiles.
TCS Ninja: TCS Ninja is a profile name given by TCS to recruit fresh graduates across India via a National Qualifier Test (NQT). Students who qualify for TCS Ninja receive a package of around 3.5 LPA.
TCS Digital: TCS Digital is a profile name given by TCS to recruit fresh graduates across India via a National Qualifier Test (NQT). Students who qualify for TCS Digital receive a package of around 7 LPA.
TCS uses the TCS ion platform to conduct the NQT.
Source: Business Today
National Qualifier Test (NQT)
The National Qualifier Test (NQT) is a general ability test that measures a candidate’s performance in the following areas:
- Cognitive Skills
- Verbal Ability: This section assesses reading comprehension, written communication skills, English grammar, and appropriate usage of the same.
- Numerical Ability: Assesses the candidate’s ability to solve arithmetic, number system, statistics and data interpretation.
- Reasoning Ability: Examines the candidate’s ability to identify words and numeric patterns, problem-solving and decision making.
- Subject NQT: The sections mentioned above will be part of the first round of placement for TCS Ninja hiring this year:
- Programming Logic: This exam assesses theoretical knowledge of technical computer programming.
- Coding: This assesses the applicants’ ability to code at the advanced level.
- The total allotted time is 180 minutes.
- The exam will be conducted in the English language only.
- The exam is held in both online (web proctored) and offline mode.
- There is no negative marking.
- NQT is conducted every quarter. Candidates can take the tests again to improve their previous scores if desired.
- Online calculators and rough paper will be available on the screen.
- TCS NQT is adaptive this year.
The eligibility criteria for TCS NQT is as follows:
TCS NQT Registration Process
Below is the stepwise explanation of the registration process of TCS NQT:
TCS NQT Syllabus Pattern
Step 1: Pre-presentation talk
Most colleges hold a PPT (Pre-presentation talk) session during which TCS HR representatives will discuss the company, salary offered, career growth, and opportunities. The session is followed by a Q&A session where students can clear their doubts about the company's recruitment process.
Step 2: Written Test
The written test for TCS NQT consists of 5 sections which are:
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning Ability
- Programming Logic
Verbal Ability Syllabus
The verbal ability syllabus for TCS NQT consists of the following topics:
TCS NQT Verbal Pattern has been changed since last year. Now the same topics began to appear in the form of fill in blanks which TCS NQT refers to as a “cloze test”.
New Pattern of TCS NQT Verbal
Numerical Ability Syllabus
The numerical ability syllabus for TCS NQT consists of the following topics:
Reasoning Ability Syllabus
The reasoning ability syllabus for TCS NQT consists of the following topics:
Programming Logic Syllabus
The programming logic syllabus for TCS NQT consists of the following topics:
The following are the languages that you can use for TCS NQT:
Step 3: Interview Round
There are a total of 3 interview rounds which last from 25 to 40 minutes. These are:
- Technical Round
- HR Round
- Managerial Round
If you clear all three rounds, you will get an offer letter via an email from TCS.
In this article, we went through the recruitment process of TCS in detail. We discussed what is TCS NQT, eligibility criteria for NQT, registration process and syllabus pattern of TCS NQT.
Also, practice problems asked in TCS here.