The IT industry in India is booming as there is a high density of people working in these companies from different educational backgrounds. From engineers to logistic handlers in the office, everyone can find a suitable position for themselves in the IT industry. The competition is high and so is the opportunity to bag a job in one of these companies. The hiring rate increases day by day. The IT sector in India is expected to reach 300+ Billion USD by the end of the year 2025. We have put together a list of the top IT companies in India so that you are able to gain an insight into how the IT sector in India contributes to the economic growth of the country.
IT Companies in India
Almost all multinational corporations have their operations running in India, starting with Amazon to Google, Deloitte, PwC, Ernst & Young, etc. This is because the Indian IT sector provides these companies with an unfathomable service that they’re unable to find in any other country. There are many IT companies that have originated in India and a huge number of these companies are taking over the world in terms of providing IT-based services.
Here are the Top 5 IT companies in India:
- Tata Consultancy Services: Established in the year 1968, Tata Consultancy Services a.k.a TCS is an Indian MNC that provides IT-related services and consultancy services to its clients. It has its headquarters based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, and almost has an office or more in every city in India and even in countries abroad such as Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. having almost 600,000 employees. The company generated a revenue of 22.174 Billion USD in the year 2021. It is currently being led by Rajesh Gopinathan, the CEO of the company.
- Wipro: Originally set up as an Oil Manufacturing company in the year 1945, Wipro Ltd. is an Indian MNC that provides consulting, business processes, and IT services. It has its headquarters based in Bangalore and has a staggering revenue of 622.4 billion Indian rupees in the year 2021. It is currently being led by Thierry Delaporte, the CEO of the company.
- Infosys: Founded in the year 1981 by 7 engineers, Infosys is also an MNC providing IT solutions, and falls right below TCS considering the revenue generated by the company in the year 2021(13.56 Billion USD). Infosys has its headquarters based in Bangalore as well and is currently being led by Salil Parekh, the CEO of the company.
- Tech Mahindra: Formed as an ancillary of the Mahindra Group in the year 1986, Tech Mahindra is an Indian MNC that provides BPO and IT services. The revenue generated by the company in 2021 stands at 378,551 Million INR. The company’s headquarters is situated in Pune, Maharashtra and has offices across ninety countries all around the globe. It is currently being led by C. P. Gurnani, the CEO of the company.
- HCL Technologies: HCL Technologies, headquartered in Noida, UP, India, is an Indian MNC providing IT-related and consulting services. It started as an ancillary for the HCL Enterprise to handle the research and development section before becoming an independent firm in 1991 as HCL wanted to join the IT-services market. Generating a massive revenue of 36,638.00 Cr. Rupees in the year 2021, HCL is currently being led by C Vijayakumar, the CEO of the company.
These companies were amongst the top 10 IT companies in India (2020) and still hold their current position amongst the top 10 IT companies in India(2021). Larson and Toubro Infotech, KPIT Technologies, Godrej Infotech, etc. are some of the other top 20 IT companies in India.
TCS is the top IT company in India. It is also one of the top IT companies in India, share market-wise.
The Petroleum and Fuel industry is the number one industry in India.
Reliance Industries is the top company in India with a revenue of 61.2 Billion USD in 2021.
The top IT companies in the world apart from the ones in India are Oracle, Cognizant, SAP, VMware, Hewlett-Packard, Symantec, etc.
In today’s world, IT-based services are essential for any corporation to enhance trade facilitation. This allows the corporation to develop effectively and reliably. Not only has information technology aided the country’s economic progress, but has also made administration more professional and accessible. It has made public systems and services more accessible and affordable. Information technology has also improved the administration and other sectors as well, such as health care, education(e.g. e-Learning), and protection of consumers, by increasing openness. The IT sector and the top IT companies in India are crucial to our economy’s exponential growth and the creation of thousands of employment paving the way for our economic success.