If you are looking to increase your employability, then National Qualifier Test or NQT is for you. NQTs are designed and conducted by TCS iON, one of India’s largest digital learning hubs. The sole purpose of TCS iON is to support learning and facilitate skill evaluation. Companies and employers around the country find it easy to trust NQT scores and certifications as these tests are orchestrated by TCS, a global giant with years of industry experience.
This is true especially for the IT and business process outsourcing sectors, thus making NQT scores a must-have for candidates who are looking to gain an edge over other applicants.
NQT has set the benchmark that no other national-level examinations could manage to do. Yes, there are many other standardised tests that are accepted across dozens of companies, however, NQTs are accepted in large and small corporations alike. More than anything else, NQTs serve many industries, job roles and subjects. This cannot be seen in most tests as they do not offer or cover a huge range of different examinations.
In the case of NQT, the first examination is common for everyone and is compulsory for everyone to clear in order to proceed with other subject tests or industry tests. This lays out common ground and a standard that all employers can trust and on the basis of which, recruit skilled manpower. This is why, according to TCS iON, over 64,000 NQT certified candidates are employees with companies such as Reliance, TCS, Tata Motors, TVS, Ramco and Tata.
The TCS NQT 2021 eligibility criteria are not as grating as other qualifier examinations. The NQTs are open to students and working professionals with different academic qualifications. However, it is recommended that working professionals with over two years of experience do not sit for TCS NQT as these tests are for entry-level jobs.
Here are the basic NQT requirements:
- If you are a student, then you must be in your final or pre-final year.
- You can be a working professional and apply.
- Students can be from any field or have PG and UG degrees but the examining institute must be an accredited university or college.
- Aptitude skills, logical reasoning and verbal abilities are a must have.
- Industry or subject knowledge in accordance with NQTs you will be sitting for is required.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens.
And for candidates who wish to sit for the exam online, here are some more requirements:
- Ubuntu OS or Windows OS
- Google Chrome
- Good internet bandwidth over 2 Mbps
- Functioning webcam
However, if you do not opt for remotely-proctored exams or you do not meet any of the online exam requirements, you can always sit for in-centre or offline examinations. These tests are conducted by TCS iON at authorised examination centres.
There are mainly three different types of NQTs with one of them being compulsory for every candidate in order to proceed to the subject or industry tests. Other than the first cognitive skills exam, candidates can choose to give any exam out of the multiple choices one gets among subject and industry exams.
Here are the three types of NQTs:
- Main NQTs
- Industry NQTs
- Subject NQTs
Before sitting for others, one must first clear the Cognitive Skills NQT. Additionally, you can sit for the Attitudinal Alignment NQT or psychometric test during this first stage. Many companies have different requirements, thus, when it comes to your dream job, it is best to research properly before opting for any test.
These are the available Industry NQTs:
- Information Technology NQT
- Banking and Financial Services NQT
These are the available Subject NQTs:
- IT Programming NQT
- Basic Computer Skills NQT
- Accountant NQT
- Financial Markets and Services NQT
- Digital Marketing NQT
- Customer Relationship Management NQT
- Business Development Executive NQT
- Big Data on Cloud
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Design for Additive Manufacturing
We must also remember that each company has its own score requirements, thus, it is always better to choose the NQT that you are confident you will be able to score well in. And more than anything, it is highly recommended you practise for the test of your choice and also understand the TCS NQT 2021 syllabus.
Here is the registration process for NQTs:
- You must first go to the TCS NQT 2021 registration link and then decide which tests to opt for.
- Once you are in, you have to buy the test you wish to sit for. You have to choose the common NQT test first as that is compulsory for everyone.
- When you are ready to proceed, you must click on ‘Buy Now’ and then create a TCS iON Digital Hub account. If you already have registered beforehand, then you can use your TCS NQT 2021 login credentials to proceed.
- Then, you will need to fill in your details and then make the payment for NQTs.
- Following this, you will be able to schedule your examination.
- Once all of this is completed, you will get an e-mail confirmation and eventually, you will be informed about the TCS NQT 2021 date through the e-mail address you have provided.
The NQT hall tickets (offline) or login credentials (online) are sent via e-mail two days prior to the NQT examinations. Candidates can only apply till about two weeks before the commencement of examinations. The TCS NQT 2021 registration last date probably will be around the first week of December 2021, as seen in the previous NQTs and as per the TCS NQT 2021 exam date in December.
Benefits of Sitting for NQTs
There are multiple benefits of sitting for NQTs, especially for freshers and students. Here are some:
- You can sit for the same subject or industry test as many times as you wish, thus you can improve your score if you feel like your initial score is not satisfactory.
- NQT scores are valid for two years. So, even if you are a student who wishes to join a company after a while, you will still be able to sit for the exam.
- You can apply to many open jobs through TCS iON’s job boards.
- Even if you do not like the jobs available through TCS iON, you can use the two-year validity benefit to wait it out for a better company or your dream job.
- Many local giants and MNCs such as TCS hire NQT-certified professionals and accept NQT scores, thus, this opens up many doors for you in your career.
- NQTs are standardised examinations, thus, no employer accepting NQT scores will doubt your abilities. This increases the likelihood of you getting hired as well when compared to other candidates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Companies such as Reliance, TCS, TVS, Tata Motors, Tata Electric and Ramco accept NQT scores.
Yes, TCS, Tata Motors and Tata Electric will all hire candidates based on NQTs.
Students and freshers will sit for TCS NQT 2021, however, working professionals who have less than two years of work experience will also appear for TCS NQTs.
TCS NQTs will probably start from the final week of December.
You will get your scorecard as soon as you finish the examination.
No, TCS NQT features easy to middle-level questions and problems.
You can prepare yourself by practising past papers or taking up relevant courses from Coding Ninjas.
No, there are no cut-off marks for the TCS NQT exams.
Yes, TCS NQT is also for working professionals alongside being mainly for freshers and students.
There are over 64,000 individuals who have cleared their NQTs and secured themselves their dream jobs. So, why wait? NQTs are a great way of ensuring you seem as alluring to employers as you can be. By studying and preparing for TCS NQT, you will easily find success in these tests and eventually in your career with the help of good scores. You are advised to not wait for too long as registrations might end by the first week of December.
Apply from here and sit for one of the best national-level exams for joining your dream job.