According to Gartner, Mettl is a leader in remotely proctored examinations. The assessment capabilities of Mettl tests are recognised by companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, Barclays, Accenture and many more. Thus, there is a high chance that you will be required to sit for a Mettl assessment anyway when applying to companies. However, the Mettl Test for candidates from the CS and IT fields is specially designed to provide a platform for companies to hire eligible human assets.
Companies from over 45 industries hire their employees through the Mettl Test and candidates get access to over 2000 job roles. Yes, Mettl does provide customised assessments for their clients, however, this particular Mettl Test recommends candidates to dozens of companies based on the scores achieved by applicants. Thus, by sitting for the Mettl Test 2022, which assesses both your Computer Fundamentals skills and your aptitude, you can get hired for your dream job role in any of the companies hiring through this Mettl Test.
The Mettl Test 2022 does not have any particular eligibility criteria except the degree qualification of the candidates. Candidates who have graduated a B.E., M.E., BCA, MCA, B.Tech, M.Tech and M.Sc are eligible to sit for the Mettl Test. Even MBAs with coding and computing knowledge can apply as Mettl caters to a huge list of job roles that can be relevant for MBAs with technical skills.
Here are some general criteria for most of the companies hiring through the Mettl Test:
- No active backlogs and no remaining supplementary papers.
- Above 60% in 10th and 12th examinations.
- Business Communication.
- Programming skills.
The Mettl Test consists of 3 rounds that must be cleared in order to qualify for most of the companies hiring through Mettl. Here are the 3 rounds.
- Round 1 – This is the online written test round and this must be completed in 112 minutes. The first section is the Aptitude Test and there are a total of 30 questions that are composed of 10 questions from Quants, Logical and Verbal sections. This section must be completed in 30 minutes and must be individually successfully cleared. The next section is Computer Fundamentals which consist of 25 questions that must be cleared in 30 minutes as well. The third section of this round revolves around 2 coding questions that must be solved in 40 minutes followed by the fourth section that is the Psychometric Test. The Psychometric Test is fast-paced and must be completed in 12 minutes, though there are 40 questions.
- Round 2 – The second round is where candidates are required to sit for a Technical Interview that assesses candidates based on their technical background. This lasts for as long as the interviewer wishes to review the applicant.
- Round 3 – This is the HR round and questions will be asked that will evaluate your personality, behavioural pattern and prospect. It will also be determined if you are fit for the job roles you are aiming for and what kind of an employee you can potentially turn out to be.
Previous Asked Questions
Here are the kinds of questions that are previously asked in Mettl Tests:
- X and Y are brothers and the sum of their age is 30 years. 3 years ago, X’s age was 2 times Y’s age. What is Y’s age after 5 years?
- John bought x amount of apples for y rupees where x and y are integers. If John had bought 20 more apples, he would have gotten all for Rs. 5 and saved Rs. 2 on each dozen of apples. What are the values of x and y?
- If three dice are rolled, what is the probability that the sum of the numbers shown on the dice is either 9 or 15?
- If 4 cars are always meant to be together, in how many ways can 20 cars be arranged in a basement?
- The speed of a train increases by 10 kilometers per hour every 15 minutes, if the distance covered by the train in the first fifteen minutes is 25 kilometers, what is the total distance covered by the train in 20 hours?
- A car travels from location A to B in 8 hours but takes 12 hours to return back. This is due to the traffic decreasing the average speed of the car by 6 kilometers per hour during returning and increasing the average speed of the car when going from A to B due to the highway. What is the general average speed of the car without traffic and without the highway?
- An organisation offers 1000 employees a bonus of Rs. 10,000 to skilled employees and Rs. 5,000 to unskilled employees. All the unskilled employees accept the bonus while a small percentage of skilled employees decline the offer. What is the total bonus paid to all the unskilled employees, if the total was independent of the number of skilled employees?
- The HCF and LCM of the two numbers are 42 and 9282 respectively. If one of the numbers is between 400 to 600, find the other number.
- Two integers, 104462 and 99932 when divided by a three-digit number we can denote as x comes up with the same remainder. What is the value of x?
- A fuel pipe fills up a fuel truck in 2 hours and the entire truck’s capacity can be extracted by another fuel pipe in 3 hours. If both fuel pipes are switched on together, how much time will it take to fill up the truck’s load?
Here are 4 examples of coding problems that are similar to the ones given in the Coding Section during the Mettl Test:
- Given an array, “A” of N integers and you have also defined the new array “B” as a concatenation of array “A” for an infinite number of times. For example, if the given array “A” is [1,2,3] then, infinite array “B” is [1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,…….]. Now you are given Q queries, each query consists of two integers “L“ and “R”. Your task is to find the sum of the subarray from index “L” to “R” (both inclusive) in the infinite array “B” for each query.
- You are given an array of integers ‘ARR’ containing N elements. Each integer is in the range [1, N-1], with exactly one element repeated in the array. Your task is to find the duplicate element.
- You have been given an integer array/list (ARR) of size N. You have to return an array/list PRODUCT such that PRODUCT[i] is equal to the product of all the elements of ARR except ARR[i].
Candidates must know programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Pearl, Python, etc., in order to crack the coding test. Candidates are expected to have a foundational knowledge of computing and are also expected to be comfortable with topics such as DBMS, OOPS concepts, DSA, Networks, System Architecture, and Operating Systems.
Also, though the cut-off for each section varies according to companies and job roles, candidates are advised to score above 66% in Quants, Logical Skills, and Verbal. Companies hiring CS and IT professionals generally prefer over 70% and 92% in Computer Fundamentals and the Coding Test respectively. It is also recommended you score over 88% in the Psychometric Test in order to qualify and be selected for major companies.
How to Register?
The registration information is generally given before Mettl Tests are declared or when you apply for companies who use Mettl for their recruiting process. The registration details will be made public for the Mettl Test 2022 soon.
Here are the topics you should prepare for each section of the first round:
- Time and Work
- Permutation and Combination
- Number System
- Mixture and Alligation
- Time, Speed, and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Coding and Decoding
- Direction and Sense
- Data Interpretation
- Venn Diagram
- Data Sufficiency
- Data Arrangement
- Input and Output
- Blood Relation
- Word and Sentence Correction
- Word and Sentence Completion
- Operating Systems
- C++ and C
- Object-Oriented Programming System concepts
- Database Management Systems
- DS and Algorithms
- Computer Networks
- Computer Architecture
- Organisation and MIS
For practicing coding problems for the Coding Section, you can use Coding Ninjas CodeStudio which features hundreds of coding problems from dozens of reputed companies such as TCS, Accenture, Microsoft, Amazon, and Google.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Mettl Test is an online proctored examination hosted by Mettl to make it easier for companies to recruit skilled personnel.
You can easily pass the Mettl test by brushing up on your aptitude skills, computing knowledge and coding skills.
Yes, Mettl does record your screen as well as invigilate your examination in real-time.
No, there is no way to copy on Mettl. Mettl will mark down any effort to switch tabs or open digital clipboards.
Yes, but only if the candidate has not yet cheated but the invigilator feels that the candidate is about to.
No, Mettl tests are of medium-level difficulty.
Yes, all your movement is closely watched by invigilators and if you move or look away, you are warned as well.
No, you cannot take any breaks during a Mettl Test, however, if you wish to go to the washroom or for water, you can take permission to do so and your assessment screen will be blocked and locked so that you cannot see the question paper anymore. Your time keeps on running, thus, it is advised to not leave the test.
You can get selected for over 2000 job roles across more than 45 industries through the Mettl Test.
The Mettl Test is a state of the art online exam that is proctored in real-time. The test is considered to be one of the best means of candidate evaluation by hundreds of companies, institutes, and organisations across the world. Thus, it will only serve you to prepare for future Mettl Tests or apply for the coming Mettl Test 2022 for CS and IT roles.