TCS iON CCQT 2021 is one of the strategic units of TCS focused upon examinations, education, and manufacturing. With the great track record, TCS possesses, companies and education boards look up to this massive MNC for providing end-to-end services and technology. TCS iON’s solutions are used by medium-level and massive organizations across the world, especially due to being backed by TCS’s delivery capabilities and enormous market reach.
TCS has incredible global and domestic experience as well, this is why over 130 companies recruit applicants who successfully clear the TCS iON CCQT 2021. ‘CCQT’ stands for Common Corporate Qualifier Test, thus facilitating a common examination for students to apply in multiple companies at once through a single selection process. The marks and the profiles of the candidates are forwarded by TCS iON to multiple companies after which, these companies can directly recruit the selected candidates.
The TCS iON CCQT makes applying for jobs much easier for freshers and working professionals both, especially due to the CCQT removing the need for these potential candidates to apply for dozens of companies and sit for hundreds of examinations. Candidates simply need to sit for the two stages of the CCQT and if selected, they are on their way to getting interview calls from a large number of employers.
Here is the Eligibility for the TCS iON CCQT 2021:
Qualification: B.Tech, M.Tech, B.E, M.E, MCA and M.Sc (2019, 2020 and 2021 passouts)
Experience: 0 to 3 years of work experience
Here are some additional general requirements of TCS and other companies employing CCQT applicants:
- Companies generally prioritise candidates with 60% marks or above during 10th and 12th board examinations.
- Applicants with a good academic track record are preferred.
- Companies generally prefer their candidates to not have study gaps, and, if there are any, they must be documented and candidates must have a good reason for so.
- Backlogs must be all cleared and there must not be any supplementary examinations remaining.
- Applicants must be Indian citizens or must possess PIO or OCI permits if they are foreign citizens. As recommended, candidates from Bhutan and Nepal must have citizen certificates.
There are 2 stages in the TCS iON CCQT 2021 selection process. They are:
- Stage 1 or the common proctored assessment.
- Stage 2 or the domain-specific section where candidates get to choose the exam they will sit for.
Let’s talk about the exam pattern for the two stages.
Stage 1: This is the compulsory stage which is common for everyone and consists of 3 stages. This stage holds a total of 120 marks.
Here are the 3 sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude (Linear and Quadratic Equations, Probability, HCF and LCM, etc.)
- Reasoning Ability (Odd one out series, Analogy, Missing number series, Ages, etc.)
- English Language (Vocabulary, Error correction, Tenses, Synonyms, etc.)
Each section has 20 questions and the sections are attempted for 40 marks each.
Stage 2: This is the final stage with optional examinations based on the field candidates belong from. This stage governs a total of 60 marks and must be completed within 60 minutes.
For candidates applying for the CS and IT domains, they will be given one coding question of medium-level difficulty.
If applying for Civil, Mechanical, and Metallurgy domains, candidates will be given 30 multiple-choice questions which will be of medium-level or high-level difficulty.
Previous Asked Questions
Here are some previously asked general questions (common for all candidates) from TCS iON 2020:
- A task can be completed in 100 days if 14 laborers are working. How many laborers are required for completing the same task in 15 days?
- What is the interest rate or percentage required to double any sum of money in 10 years?
- How many kilos of rice (Rs. 25/kg) need to be mixed with 80 kilos of Rs. 15/kg rice in order to make the average mix worth Rs. 20/kg?
- If the cost price of 30 pens is equal to the selling price of 24 pens, find out the profit percentage.
- Find the value of X-Y to the power Y/X if Y equals 16 and X equals 32.
- The L.C.M and H.C.F. of two positive numbers are 30 and 10 respectively. If their sum is 40, find out the sum of the reciprocals.
- X is twice as old as Y who is twice Z’s age. If the total sum of their ages is 28, how old is Z?
Here is the question paper for the 2019 TCS iON CCQT examination.
Here are the types of common coding problems that are given by TCS during CCQT examinations:
- Given an array, “A” of N integers and you have also defined the new array “B” as a concatenation of array “A” for an infinite number of times. For example, if the given array “A” is [1,2,3] then, infinite array “B” is [1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,…….]. Now you are given Q queries, each query consists of two integers “L“ and “R”. Your task is to find the sum of the subarray from index “L” to “R” (both inclusive) in the infinite array “B” for each query.
- You have been given two integers ‘DAY_HOURS’ and ‘PARTS’. Where ‘DAY_HOURS’ is the number of hours in a day and a day can be divided into ‘PARTS’ equal parts. Your task is to find total instances of equivalent prime groups. Prime group refers to the group of elements (hours) which are prime and measure the same equivalent time since the start of the day.
Here are some more problems for you to practice which have been given in previous examinations conducted by TCS and TCS iON.
- Sum Of Infinite Array
- Number Of Vehicles
- Sum or Product
- Binary Numbers
- Search in a Linked List
- Search an Element in an Array
Here are some prerequisites for candidates from all specialisations:
- Aptitude and Quantitative skills
- Reasoning Ability
- Business communication
There are no prerequisites for applications from other fields, however, for candidates from the CSE and IT domains, they must be comfortable with any of these programming languages:
How to Register?
The examination is conducted four times every year:
Currently, applications are open for the December CCQT and National Qualifier Test. Once registered, you must create your profile and sit for the first and the second stage of the test. Candidates are then required to send a video of themselves answering common HR questions before TCS iON proceeds to send their resume and results to various companies. The rest of the selection procedure will be conducted separately by each company based on their requirements and individual criteria.
For candidates applying for CS and IT roles, these are the topics you should be focusing on:
- Programming fundamentals
- Searching Algorithms
- Virtual Functions
- Stacks and Queues
- Input and Output
- Objects and Classes
- Access Modifiers
- Link List
For candidates from other fields, here are the topics you should be studying:
- Mechanical Engineering – Manufacturing Science, Thermodynamics, Fluid, and Machine Mechanics.
- Civil Engineering – Structural Engineering, Geotechnical, and Water-Resources Engineering, Transportation Engineering and Surveying.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, TCS does hire through CCQT, however, the hiring is based on their individual criteria and requirements.
Yes, TCS iON CCQT is a very good option for both freshers and working professionals.
TCS CCQT stands for TCS iON’s Common Corporate Qualifier Test.
You can apply for the December examination by registering on TCS iON’s Qualifier page.
No, TCS iON is not free and the CCQT has an examination fee that you must pay when registering.
Graduates from 2019, 2020 and 2021 can apply for TCS iON qualifier tests.
Yes, there are other National Qualifier tests and corporate tests.
Yes, TCS iON does offer plenty of learning programs and courses, however, for the CCQT, you do not need to take up any particular learning program.
Yes, you have an extremely high chance of getting employed by a top corporation if you successfully clear the TCS iON CCQT and then get selected in the later individual company rounds.
TCS iON caters to various industries through hosted solutions, pay-as-you-go models, and IT-as-service products. TCS iON has a huge list of clients that have realized enormous benefits through working with TCS. This is why many companies prefer to employ candidates who have been selected through the TCS iON Qualifier Tests. Qualifying the TCS iON CCQT ensures that you get shortlisted for top domestic or global corporations and conglomerates.