Airbus SE is one of the largest manufacturers of aeroplanes and flight systems in the world. This MNC is constantly working on flight physics, flight systems, aircraft structures and flight testing to develop the best flight-capable machines.
Airbus SE is obviously a Fortune 500 company, but most importantly, in the field of aerospace and aeronautical engineering, the company ranks second worldwide with billions of dollars in revenue. The company has generated anywhere between $49 billion and $75 billion in revenue year after year.
Thus, alongside the growth of the company, personal growth or career growth in this organisation is also expected. The standard has been set pretty high in this company and it only builds the best aeroplanes and machines. The company is immensely invested in military and defence R&D as well.
What is Airbus Off-campus Drive?
Aerospace engineering is mainly focused on developing aircraft and spacecraft. However, to truly tame flight-capable machines, immense software, electrical, data and other IT support is required. For example, let’s take avionics engineering into consideration.
It focuses on developing the electronics associated with flight systems and planes. Similarly, custom software, assistive systems and other hardware (not related to the aircraft parts directly) are massively necessary. This is why Airbus is in dire need of skilled mechanical, software and electrical engineers.
However, the 2021 Airbus off-campus drive is especially orchestrated for software engineers and developers. The company mentions that it expects a good hold over computing, scripting and languages such as Python as well.
This off-campus drive is an amazing opportunity for both freshers and working professionals to get into important supporting fields of aeronautical engineering through an aerospace giant like Airbus SE. The company is also heavily involved with astronautics and many of these operations take place in their Bengaluru office in India.
Thus, this might be a great chance to also get into astronautics-related projects. The Airbus Engineering Centre in Bengaluru has over 200 employees now. And, this can be your calling to also join the Airbus India family.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
Fundamentally, the main responsibilities associated with the positions open in this Airbus Bangalore or Bengaluru recruitment drive are platform building and web or mobile application development. The selected candidates will be working with big data, APIs, the internet of things, cloud computing or DevOps.
You will also be required to communicate with Airbus employees and external partners all over the world. Building presentations and being a part of the flight physics network are also amongst the important responsibilities one has to fulfil.
Here are the main job roles:
- The core job role for new recruits will be to design and develop digital enablers and cloud services that go hand-in-hand with the capabilities architect network. This job role is also associated with improving aircraft design platforms and bringing in new innovations.
- You will be asked to contribute to digitisation projects, development cycles, development activities, and digital deployments.
- Another job role you might be asked to fulfil is developing future flight physics alongside Airbus DDMS or digital design manufacturing and services.
Here are the key responsibilities you will be given:
- Designing, validating and developing flight physics services using data lake platforms and Amazon web services
- Work on deep learning, machine learning and data science projects
- Data analytics and data analysis
- Visualisation and reporting
- Collaborate with information management centres and work with the flight physics capabilities architect network
- Deploy prototypes and test capabilities
- Demonstration of new architectures and deployment procedures
- Evaluate active systems and collaborate with your team using the Agile method
- Work on real aircraft projects
- If required, you must work with Airbus defence and space projects to assist astronautical engineers
Airbus is a globally recognised MNC. Thus, it expects expertise in your field and also good business communication skills to go along.
Here are the eligibility criteria for the engineer trainee position:
- Qualification: BE, B.Tech, BCA, MCA, ME or M.Tech with IT, CSE or ECE as your field
- Marks: 6.5 GPA or 60% marks without any backlog is mandatory to apply. Candidates must not need to give supplementary examinations after being employed.
- Experience: 0 to 3 years (Freshers are welcome to apply)
- Frameworks: Angular.js, React.js and Node.js
Other skills that are mandatory:
- SAP and ABAP-based applications
- Machine learning, automation, AI and data analytics
- SQL and RDBMS
- REST APIs with Django or Spark
- Full-stack development
Here are the documents that candidates need to carry for Airbus careers in India:
- Updated resume or CV
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card or passport
- 3 passport-size photographs
- All relevant documents and certifications
- Academic mark sheets for 10th and 12th
- Graduation certificate and mark sheet
Please note that in the case of offline interviews, candidates must also carry photocopies of every document.
Frequently Asked Questions
Candidates are advised to revise cloud computing topics and research on how automation and machine learning help aeronautical engineering. You are also recommended to practise scripting and programming while also learning about frameworks such as Angular.js or React.js.
Candidates must apply for the Airbus Off-campus drive and then clear the technical and interview rounds in order to get selected.
You can apply for a graduate engineer trainee job on Airbus’s careers page.
Yes, you can. Airbus India offers many opportunities to skilled freshers. You can check the internship opportunities on this page.
There are no specific salary brackets available for this off-campus drive, however, Airbus compensates its employees very well. Software developers and engineers get a lot of facilities as well.
Candidates from previous drives have been noted to be stating that the interview is not very tough but does require a lot of domain knowledge. Practical and industrial skills are also tested during both technical and HR interviews.
No, there are no given age requirements. Everyone can apply with the necessary qualifications.
Yes, Airbus is highly known for taking care of its employees and providing ample scope for growth.
Yes, Airbus is one of the biggest companies in the aerospace industry. You can get a large amount of leverage with this kind of experience. Even if you do not want to switch to other companies, there is ample scope of working in Airbus’s European and US offices or Airbus Canada.
Airbus is one of the biggest names in aeronautical engineering and aeroplane manufacturing. It will serve candidates very well to join a company as massive as this multinational corporation. Here is its careers page if you wish to check the different opportunities that the company is offering. If you want to become a student intern at Airbus, you can also check the Airbus Careers India page for students.