Generally, students do a generic placement preparation for all the companies. The current perspective is that there are certain topics that are common to all the software-based companies, hence we must focus on them.
Students need to narrow their perspectives so that they can focus on preparing for the companies they actually want to work with. They can make a list of a few companies that they really want to join and start preparing according to their recruitment process and hiring strategies.
A word of caution, never prepare for a single company, have at least one backup option. If Flipkart is there in your checklist, then you can go through the article for getting insights about the interview process and interview questions.
Flipkart Interview Process
There are five rounds in the Flipkart interview process:
- Online Coding Interview/ Telephonic Interview: Candidates are usually expected to solve 3 coding questions within a time duration of 60 mins. Problems usually asked are based on recursion, strings, arrays, linked lists, stacks, queues, trees and graphs.
- Technical Interviews: Generally begins with the Data Structure and Algorithmic problems. There might be a machine coding round where a problem is given and you are expected to come up with a complete working code including error handling mechanisms within approx 90 mins followed by a detailed discussion on the approach implemented to solve the question in the Machine coding Round.
- Onsite Interview: Questions related to data structures and algorithms, system design questions and culturally fit questions are usually covered in this round.
- Managerial Round: This round usually covers problems of Data Structures and algorithms particularly from trees, graphs and linked lists. You will also be asked questions about projects worked on and technologies used in them. Your exposure during your internship period and elsewhere will be thoroughly analysed.
- HR Interview: This round usually includes self-awareness questions such as the strengths, weaknesses and hobbies of the candidate. The flexibility of the candidate is analysed in terms of relocation and working hours. Salary discussion is also done in this round.
Top Flipkart Interview Questions You Must Prepare
For acquiring highly promising job positions such as Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Database Engineer, and other Big Data related fields a clear understanding of Software paradigms is required.
For having a distinct concept you need to work on both practical and theoretical concepts, interviewers solicit a handful of questions for analysing the personality or thinking ability of the candidate.
For helping you with your last-minute revision and interview simulation, we have given below a list of Top Flipkart Interview Questions that you must prepare :
1. Gas Station
Given two integer arrays A and B of size N. There are N gas stations along a circular route, where the amount of gas at station i is A[i].
You have a car with an unlimited gas tank and it costs B[i] of gas to travel from station i to its next station (i+1). You begin the journey with an empty tank at one of the gas stations.
Return the minimum starting gas station’s index if you can travel around the circuit once, otherwise return -1. You can only travel in one direction. i to i+1, i+2, … n-1, 0, 1, 2.. Completing the circuit means starting at i and ending up at i again.
- The first argument given is the integer array A.
- The second argument given is the integer array B.
Return the minimum starting gas station’s index if you can travel around the circuit once, otherwise return -1.
2. Distribute Candy
There are N children standing in a line. Each child is assigned a rating value. You are giving candies to these children subjected to the following requirements:
- Each child must have at least one candy.
- Children with a higher rating get more candies than their neighbours.
What are the minimum candies you must give?
Input Format: The first and the only argument contains N integers in an array A.
Output Format: Return an integer, representing the minimum candies to be given.
3. Merge K Sorted Lists: Merge k sorted linked lists and return them as one sorted list.
For Example :
1 -> 10 -> 20
4 -> 11 -> 13
3 -> 8 -> 9 will result in 1 -> 3 -> 4 -> 8 -> 9 -> 10 -> 11 -> 13 -> 20
4. Design a Twitter-like system
Designing Twitter is a popular question that interviewers ask the candidates. Remember that the system design round is open-ended and there is no fixed or standard answer. You can try to ask the interviewer for sub-parts of the question or his expectations from you
5. First non-repeating character in a stream of characters
Given a string A denoting a stream of lowercase alphabets. You have to make a new string B. B is formed such that we have to find the first non-repeating character each time a character is inserted into the stream and append it at the end to B. If no non-repeating character is found then append ‘#’ at the end of B.
1 <= length of the string <= 100000
The only argument given is string A.
Return a string B after processing the stream of lowercase alphabets A.
6. Meeting rooms
Given a 2D integer array A of size N x 2 denoting time intervals of different meetings.
A[i] = start time of the ith meeting.
A[i] = end time of the ith meeting.
Find the minimum number of conference rooms required so that all meetings can be done.
1 <= N <= 10
0 <= A[i] < A[i] <= 2 * 109
Input Format: The only argument given is the matrix A.
Output Format: Return the minimum number of conference rooms required so that all meetings can be done.
7. Pair With Given Difference
Given a one-dimensional unsorted array A containing N integers. You are also given an integer B, find if there exists a pair of elements in the array whose difference is B. Return 1 if any such pair exists else return 0.
The first argument is an integer array A of size N.
The second argument is an integer B.
Return 1 if any such pair exists else return 0.
8. K Largest Elements
Given a 1D integer array A of size N you have to find and return the B largest elements of the array A.
NOTE: Return the largest B elements in any order you like.
1 <= N <= 105
1 <= B <= N
1 <= A[i] <= 103
First argument is an 1D integer array A
Second argument is an integer B.
Return a 1D array of size B denoting the B largest elements.
Tips for clearing Flipkart Interview
- Code using the programming language you’re best at. It is important to write your solution correctly, concisely, clearly, and in time, so use the programming language you are most familiar with.
- Locate and resolve the bugs on your own: Do not wait for the interviewer to find them for you.
- Carefully listen to the hints you are given: Usually, the interviewer is familiar with the question very well to know which hints will assist you in getting the next step in case you get stuck.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are five rounds in the Flipkart Interview process:
1. Online Coding Interview
2. Technical Interviews
3. Onsite Interview
4. Manager Round
5. HR Interview
Yes, the Flipkart recruitment process is considered to be quite hard. You need to be really company-specific for clearing the Flipkart recruitment process.
The 10 most common interview questions and answers on Flipkart are:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What is your greatest strength?
3. What is your greatest weakness?
4. Why did you apply for a Flipkart internship?
5. How will you contribute to Flipkart?
6. Tell me about a time you showed leadership.
7. Tell me about a time you were successful on a team.
8. What would your co-workers say about you?
9. Why do you want to leave your current role?
10. Describe your most challenging projects.
The common questions that you can ask the interviewer are:
1. You can ask about the training period?
2. You can ask for more clarity about your job role and duties?
3. You can ask about the company’s background?
4. You can even ask that if you get shortlisted, what should be your next step?
5. What’s your favorite part about working at the company?
After knowing about the latest interview questions on Flipkart you can start applying for the profile of Project Manager, Software Engineer, Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Database Engineer, and other job profiles for both freshers and professionals.
We have covered the prime topics including the various software related questions. Flipkart provides an easy-to-use platform to both candidates and recruiters for smoothing the recruitment process and making sure that there is appropriate communication between them.
If you intend to build a career with Flipkart and work in its extremely optimistic environment then you must go through the popularly asked questions based on Flipkart.
You can check out our courses in case you wish to build a few projects on your own under the guidance of our Mentors, this will assist you in building your profile and getting your resume shortlisted.
By Vanshika Singolia