TCS is soon going to launch its HackQuest 2021 – the Catch the flag competition to reward the efforts of the cybersecurity and ethical hacking enthusiasts who have been constantly preparing for this contest.
All the rounds are going to be held virtually and the registration will also be done online in case of a hike in the Covid cases, else the examination will be conducted at the TCS ION digital centers.
Read all the sections, so that you don’t miss any valuable piece of information. Apply only if you possess more than the score mentioned as the threshold. All the details regarding the TCS HackQuest Hackathon for Freshers and Online Registration are given below, read carefully and send your applications before the deadline.
We already know that every year the Tata Consultancy Services Company conducts multiple hiring drives. The main reason for hosting these drives is that the company actually has vacancies. Till now, a large number of tech-enthusiasts are working in this company.
One of the ways of getting shortlisted is to go through the nationwide popular TCS HackQuest Hiring Test. TCS conducts multiple exams and contests such as the TCS NQT, CodeVita, Inframind, TCS iBegin, TCS Digital, TCS Next Step, and so on. The TCS HackQuest Hiring Test Syllabus and Pattern and practice exam questions links are mentioned below.
What is TCS HackQuest?
TCS HackQuest Season 6 is an upcoming CTF competition conducted by TCS Ltd. This competition is based on cyber-security and its essentials in today’s virtually connected world.
Depending upon the top scorer, each candidate is given a rank through which his candidature is decided. If you have the highest scores, you will definitely get an interview call from TCS Digital.
The students who perform exceptionally well in the Hackathon for TCS HackQuest will also get an opportunity for the TCS Innovator Role.
TCS HackQuest 2021 – Overview
|Name Of The Company||Tata Consultancy Service (TCS)|
|Qualification||Any Graduates/ Post Graduates, BE, B.Tech, MBA, MCA, ME, M.Tech with 60% marks|
|Year Of Passing||2022,2021, 2020, 2019 Pass out|
|Job Location||PAN India|
|Salary Offered||7-12 LPA|
|Industry||Computer hardware, Computer software, IT services, IT consulting, Data Science and Machine Learning|
|Contest Date||To be announced|
|Registration Link||To be launched|
|Official Website||Click here|
Given below are some of the requirements for TCS HackQuest Off Campus Drive 2021:
- Each candidate should possess any Graduate/ Any Post Graduate from a recognized university with a 70% percentage of marks.
- Streams that are allowed in TCS HackQuest hiring are Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Sciences, Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics, Mechanical, Electronics & Telecommunication, MCA with BSc/ BCA (with Math/ Statistics Background), MSc in Computer Science/ IT/ Software).
- The candidate must have 60% or above in 10th, 12th, and 70% in your highest level of education.
- Backlogs are not allowed.
- Candidates with a 2 Years Academic Gap are eligible to take the TCS National Qualifier Test 2021, but not more than this.
- The candidate’s age must be between 21 to 28 years.
- UG, PG, and Diploma students in their pre-final and final year
- He should be familiar with computer technology.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Should have minimum knowledge in MS Office.
- Excellent fluency in the language to be supported.
- Good understanding skills.
TCS HackQuest Contest Rounds 2021
The details related to the TCS HackQuest Pattern have been given below. Hence, go through the below table perfectly and get some idea about the Pattern of TCS HackQuest.
1. Vulnerability Assessment Report Submission
This is a timed virtual test where the candidates need to log on to an online application. A set of challenges/questions are assigned to them for analyzing their hacking skills and their accuracy in detecting vulnerabilities.
The link to the application will be shared later via the Campus Commune channel, which will be active only on the day of the contest. A six-hour window is issued to the candidates during which the online application will be available for solution submission and candidates are expected to make use of their cybersecurity skills to locate the maximum number of vulnerabilities.
Students are expected to compile all details of the exploits like Vulnerability Name, Payload, and screenshots of the issue for proper documentation. The free edition of BurpSuite is recommended for identifying vulnerabilities. You can go through the quick-start guide of the BurpSuite tool for higher efficiency during the contest.
Duration: Six hours
2. Grand Finale
The contest rules of the Grand Finale are analogous to the preliminary round. It is just that the challenges/questions are of higher precision and difficulty-level and the event is duly supervised by the cybersecurity experts of TCS. An event is a live event and the ppt or report is thoroughly analysed for fair judgment.
Duration: Six hours
Venue: Nearest TCS iON Digital Centre
TCS HackQuest Topics
Candidates need to get trained in Security domains as listed below for getting an edge in the TCS HackQuest 2021:
- Application Security
- Network Security
- Java/J2EE, PHP, Python, GO
- Information security & risk management
- Ethical Hacking
- Any security specific certification like Security+, CEH, ISO-27001, etc
TCS Hackquest is for candidates who are genuinely interested in Ethical Hacking and have at least intermediate knowledge in Web Application Pentesting.
You can brush up on the following concepts for TCS HackQuest.
- Get familiarised with the OWASP Top 10 Vulnerabilities at the firm level.
- Learn about the basics of Burp Suite (YouTube Tutorial)
- Usually, you are allotted a PHP application, so get ideas about PHP Vulnerabilities.
- Meanwhile, you can get some hands-on experience by analyzing vulnerable web applications such as BWAPP and you can take a quick reference from Github.
Resources to Prepare for TCS Hackquest
Coding Ninjas has launched the best course for complete preparation of TCS Hackquest, TCS, IBM, Infosys, and other similar exams and companies.
- Covers everything you need to learn, Programming(C++/Java/Python), Aptitude(Quantitative Analysis, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning).
- Faculties are best in the industry: Arun Sharma (India’s best selling author for CAT Aptitude Books) and Ankush Singla(Ex-Facebook, Ex-Amazon)
- 1-1 live doubt support via Audio/Video Calls whenever you are stuck.
- Coding Ninjas Placement Cell access.
Candidates have to upload the scanned copies of the following documents during the application process :
- SSC Marksheet
- HSC/Diploma Marksheet
- Graduation & Post Graduation (all semester) mark sheets
- Any of the Photo ID proof (Pan Card/ Passport / Driving License / College ID)
- Latest passport size photograph of the candidate
- Latest CV
Candidates often face problems during the online registration and some of them are unable to find the official website of Tata Consultancy Services.
Follow these instructions for registering for the TCS Off Campus Drive 2021:
- Go to the homepage of the official website.
- Click on the Careers option.
- Click on the Entry Level option.
- You can see the login and the new candidate option.
- Click on the Register Here option.
- Choose the IT(Information Technology) or BPS (Business Process Services) option.
- On the screen, you will find the TCS HackQuest Application Form.
- Fill in the necessary details without any errors.
- Click on the submit button.
- And complete all the necessary steps.
- Finally, submit the TCS HackQuest Application Form.
TCS HackQuest Salary
The qualified students may get an interview opportunity with TCS Digital. The board of the Tata Consultancy Services offers the TCS Digital package for freshers 2021 of 7 LPA to the shortlisted candidates.
Apart from this, the candidates have a chance of earning a joining incentive of around sixty thousand through the TCS Xplore program.
Frequently Asked Questions
TCS HackQuest Season 6 is an upcoming CTF (Catch the Flag) competition conducted by TCS Ltd. This competition is based on cyber-security and its essentials in today’s virtually connected world.
The TCS Hackquest Catch the Flag is a team-based competition in which participants use cybersecurity tools and techniques to find the hidden clues known as “flags”. The team that locates the most flags during the event of six hours has the maximum chance of winning.
TCS Hackquest is a Campus Level cyber security-based competition similar to other Capture the Flag(CTF) events conducted across the globe for finding the maximum flags in a duration of six hours.
InfraMind is an online contest conducted by the TCS-CBO unit. It is a team event with three subsequent rounds to assess students in the field of Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Virtualisation, Networking, and so on.
After going through the article, start working on your resume by updating your latest achievements and skills. Do not delay your application and upload each document carefully in the respective section.
Also Read About Preparation Guide For TCS Ninja Recruitment 2021
Start studying in coherence with the contest guidelines, time management is an essential factor as the duration is capped. Take part in the mock hackathons so that you have your hands-on catching flags.
By Vanshika Singolia