The wait is over for all the enthusiasts you have been consistently preparing for the TCS InfraMind 2021. Analogous to every other hackathon, it is conducted virtually and has multiple rounds. TCS launches its Off-campus recruitment drive for the specific year passed out candidates. All the rounds are going to be held virtually and the registration will also be done online. TCS conducts multiple exams and contests such as iBegin, TCS CBO, TCS NQT, Codevita, TCS Digital, TCS NextStep, TCS HackQuest, and so on.
Read all the sections, so that you don’t miss any valuable piece of information. Apply only if you possess more than the score mentioned as the threshold. All the details regarding the Off-Campus Drive for Freshers and Online Registration are given below, read carefully and send your applications before the deadline.
What is TCS CBO?
TCS CBO is an integration of Business Process Services and IT Infrastructure Services which assists enterprises reimagine business operations by leveraging Cognitive technologies, Automation, IoT and Cloud along with the contemporary Agile practices.
What is TCS InfraMind?
InfraMind is an online contest conducted by the TCS-CBO unit. It is a team event with three subsequent rounds to assess students in the field of Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Virtualisation, Networking and so on.
Resources to Prepare for TCS InfraMind
Before we jump into understanding the eligibility criteria of TCS InfraMind. Coding Ninjas has launched the best course for complete preparation of TCS InfraMind Interviews, IBM, Infosys, and other similar exams and companies.
- Covers everything you need to learn, Programming(C++/Java/Python), Aptitude(Quantitative Analysis, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning).
- Faculties are best in the industry: Arun Sharma (India’s best selling author for CAT Aptitude Books) and Ankush Singla(Ex-Facebook, Ex-Amazon)
- 1-1 live doubt support via Audio/Video Calls whenever you are stuck.
- Coding Ninjas Placement Cell access.
You need to pass the below-mentioned academic criteria for participating in the InfraMind contest:
- B. Tech/BE/M. Tech/ME – all disciplines from specific batches.
- Other Bachelor/Master degree courses (B.Sc. / M.Sc. / MCA / BCA) in CS & IT from specific batches.
Apart from the these criterias, there are a few more key points that you need to note:
- You need to have an account on the TCS Campus Commune portal for participation in this contest.
- TCS will not reimburse the prototyping costs you will have to split it among your team members.
- You need to participate individually in this competition.
- You are allowed to present e- models of your hardware-based projects.
Perks of participation
- Hands-on experience in problem-solving methodologies and software development cycle paradigms.
- Direct contact with the domain experts during the TCS InfraMind prototyping round will definitely enhance your skills as an IT practitioner.
- Candidates will earn a chance to participate in the TCS digital interview process even if the prototype gets accepted in the second round.
How to Register for TCS InfraMind ?
The steps to register for the TCS InfraMind are mentioned-below:
- You need to create an account on the TCS NextStep portal and campuscommune.tcs.com.
- Then go to your dashboard, which is synced with your account on campuscommune.tcs.com, you will find a link to register for TCS InfraMind as soon as the registration opens.
- You can directly hit the Register button.
- You will be directed to verify your contact number, verify it successfully.
- Post this, you will be navigated to your dashboard and your registration status will be updated successfully.
The contest consists of three rounds, let’s go through the details of each round one by one:
- Virtual Quiz
- The first round is a MCQ based test on Computer Science and Information Technology
- There is no negative marking in this round.
- There are three levels in this round.
- There is a specific time for each question and the overall time taken by the candidate to solve all the questions is also taken into account for generating the results.
|Feature||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|No. of Questions||30||20||10|
|Marks per Question||2||5||10|
- Prototype Submission and Video Presentation
- Only the shortlisted participants from the first round are eligible to participate in this round.
- TCS lists out some problems for the contest, you need to pick one of them and submit a video solution based on it.
- As the round comes closer, you are given a sample problem statement and a solution.
- You have to present a working model of your solution in front of the panel.
- You need to create a PDF or Word Document of your prototype in around a 500 words statement.
- Candidates need to upload a video on YouTube of around 15-30 mins representing their Working Model Architecture/ Prototype.
- The submission needs to have the following mandatory details: Hardware-Software used.
- Technology used
- High-level architecture
- Approach to the solution
- Flow chart of the solution
- Source code deployed on GitHub
- YouTube link of video.
Key point : Your video must be “Unlisted” on YouTube.
- Hackathon and Grand Finale
- Only the top 20 students are shortlisted for the final round-the Hackathon. The candidates need to begin working from the initial stage here. It even includes an interview round.
- This round will be conducted either virtually or you may have to report at the nearest TCS Office.
- Virtual participation allows you to have a WebCam with a good Internet connection.
- If the round is conducted at the TCS office, you will be provided with the infrastructure.
Previous Season Topics
Given below are a few topics from the TCS InfraMind – Season 4 conducted in 2020:
- Sustainability & Wellness
- Enterprise AI
- Autonomous Infrastructure
- Hyper Connectivity
- Brush up your Information Technology and Computer Science fundamentals as it is important for clearing the first round.
- Work on your communication skills as presentation is an essential judgement criterion.
- Go through the problem statements and the shortlisted solutions of the previous season for getting insights about the marking scheme.
- Stay updated about the trending market technologies so that you are not completely unaware of the topics.
- Get familiarised with the GitHub and YouTube environment as the deadlines are quite narrow.
- The video should be properly edited and presentable, shortlist your editing and compiling software tools from beforehand only.
- Read the interview experiences of the TCS Digital candidates, so that you can prepare parallelly for the interview as well.
TCS CBO Salary
The board of the Tata Consultancy Services offers the TCS Ninja package for freshers 2021 of 3.36 to 3.6 LPA to the shortlisted candidates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, TCS InfraMind is organised by the TCS CBO with an intention of hiring potential candidates with a vast knowledge of the mentioned topics based on their performance in the MCQ test and the prototyping round.
You need to create an account on the TCS NextStep portal and campuscommune.tcs.com. Then go to your dashboard, which is synced with your account on campuscommune.tcs.com, you will find a link to register for TCS InfraMind as soon as the registration opens.
TCS HackQuest is a CTF competition conducted by TCS Company which is related to cyber-security and its importance in today’s technical world.
You can play and practise CTF on the below-mentioned sites:
Cryptopals – Cryptographic programming challenges
Game of Hacks
InfraMind is an online-contest conducted by TCS-CBO unit. It is a team event with three subsequent rounds to assess students in the field of Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Virtualisation, Networking and so on.
After going through the article, start solving Coding questions and practicing Aptitude questions online for clearing the TCS InfraMind contest. Do not delay your registration and read the topics carefully in the respective section.
Start studying in coherence with the exam pattern, time management is an essential factor as the time taken for solving each question is taken into consideration during the final evaluation.
Be cautious about the common mistakes that should be avoided when you sit for an IT Company’s interview. Take the Fresher’s Quiz and Interview preparation practice quiz by going to the tests tab for pacing up. Get hands-on experience on prototyping by going through the works of the participants of last season and their journey.
By Vanshika Singolia