TCS has been immensely popular in India owing to the charitable and growth-promoting tasks that the organisation on the whole carries out. Thus, many young graduates plan to associate themselves with the TATA brand, owing to its glorious history of contributing to India’s development.
Every year TCS recruits young B.Tech/BCA/M.Tech/MCA graduates through its National Qualifiers Test for the positions of Assistant System Engineer and System Engineer. However, some of the graduates are not able to make it through and are left with the wish to join TCS someday.
So, if you too have ever dreamt of joining TCS, but somehow you were not able to and, now that you are working in another company but still live on with that dream, then here is an opportunity for you. TCS has introduced its iBEGIN portal for experienced professionals who are looking for a job change or planning to work with TCS.
So now the question lies, who all can apply and what is the process of registering at TCS iBegin, so let us know them all.
TCS accepts job applications from experienced professionals through the iBegin portal. Only those who have experience in the industry for at least two-three years are eligible to apply. You can specify your choice of location and the job profile to which you want to apply.
The work domains include Finance, IT Services, Marketing, etc. Let us see at a glance the eligibility criterion to apply for the TCS iBegin platform.
- Must have a score of a minimum of 60% or above in 10th,12th and UG/PG.
- must be a graduate of B.Tech/M.Tech/B.E/M.E in the following specialisation: Information Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Communications, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication, Instrumental Engineering.
- Or a graduate of MCA, B.Sc, BCA,B.Com, B.A, but must have Statistics/Maths as a subject.
- Those who have an M.Sc degree in Information Technology or Computer Science can also apply.
- Must have experience of three years and relevant skills, in the domain you are applying for.
- Candidates who have appeared in a TCS interview in the last 6 months are not eligible to apply.
Although I have mentioned that a minimum of two years of experience is required, if you go to TCS iBegin portal, then you will find that there are fewer job offers for professionals who have experience of two years. Careers at TCS mostly require professionals who have an experience of 3yrs and above in their selected domain.
Apart from this, TCS organizes lots of competitions like TCS NQT, Codevita, Inframind, TCS Digital, TCS CBO, TCS NextStep, TCS HackQuest, and so on.
Now that you know the eligibility criteria to be able to apply for TCS iBegin, let us see the exam pattern for the same.
After you have successfully registered and applied for a particular job role at the TCS iBegin portal you will be informed on your registered mail id. If you qualify under the eligibility criteria then, when your application will be shortlisted you will be notified. Following this there are two phases in the TCS iBegin selection procedure.
- Phase-1: Profile Screening: This is basically a profile screening phase, where your submitted application is checked for your relevant experience and skills. And if your profile gets shortlisted then you reach phase-2 of the selection procedure.
- Phase-2: Walk-In-Interview/ Online Interview: This is the next step of the selection procedure after the Profile Screening phase. This phase consists of 3 rounds-:
- Round-1: Written Test
- Round-2: Technical Interview
- Round-3: HR Interview
One who qualifies all the above-mentioned rounds is selected for the role and given an offer letter.
Before you apply for a job profile in the TCS iBegin portal, you need to keep in mind some points of importance-:
- Candidates must have practical knowledge of various programming languages like C, C++, Java, etc
- Should be flexible in working in rotational shifts.
- Candidates should have an understanding of the nature of the Business Culture.
- Should have excellent communication skills, Analytical and logical thinking ability.
- Those who have more than three years of work experience are willing to be a part of TCS iBegin.
- Able to do work in a team and solve any basic technical problems.
- Since only experienced professionals can apply through TCS iBegin, it is a must to have the necessary skills and experience in the applying domain.
- You need to have good work experience in the domain you are applying to.
- Having certifications in the applying domain is an added advantage.
Registration for TCS iBegin
So now, you must be wondering how you can apply for your desired job role at the TCS iBegin portal. Let us see how you can do that-:
- Step-1: Go to the link.
- Step-2: click on the ‘Register with us’ option, in the top-right corner and enter the required details and upload your resume and complete your account setup.
- Step-3: Then Login with your registered email id and password.
- Step-4: Now go to the Job search box, and enter your desired Job Location, Select your experience (in years) from the drop-down menu, Enter your Skills in which you have experience or in which you are searching for a job. After filling in all the blanks, click on Enter.
- Step-5: Now apply for the Job role by filling in your experience and past job details. You may also mention any other necessary skills if you have one.
Before you appear for your Phase-2 which contains your written test and the interviews, make sure you prepare well for it. Some of the important things you need to make a note of are:
- Since this job profile is for experienced candidates, you need to be sure of your skills. Have a good command over them, practice whenever possible.
- Read about the current updates in the skills you have learnt. This basically includes the projects made using those platforms or languages, or any new release of its version.
- Make sure you are aware of the current market trends, tools, technologies.
- Make sure you have enough content to showcase when you are asked about your work experiences. Tell them about your projects and your roles in them.
- You might need this in your HR interview- with the help of situations you tackled tell, make them feel that you are a team player as well as you have some leadership qualities.
Frequently Asked Questions
TCS iBegin is an online job portal where experienced professionals can search for a specific job role in TCS and apply for the same. You may customise the job search by entering your desired job role, location, and the years of experience you have in your domain.
No, TCS iBegin is a platform where only experienced professionals can apply.
You can upload the documents by selecting your documents either from your system or from the google drive and then click on the Submit button. Make sure the documents are of small size i.e less than 5MB or so.
Your salary totally depends on the job role you are applying for and on certain other criteria as well. So, there is no fixed guess as to what is the minimum salary offered in TCS.
No it is not. If you have the desired skills that a job profile demands you can crack any job in TCS.
This truly depends on the job profile you are applying for. TCS does offer good salary packages for certain job profiles, and these packages are sometimes the best in the market. However, for the post of a fresher the package remains the same in all the services-based companies.
This was all you might need for how to apply for job roles through TCS iBegin and how to prepare for your interviews and written test. Stick to the syllabus and revise all your technical subjects thoroughly. Practice competitive coding questions and MCQs. Make a good and crisp resume and add a pinch of confidence to nail the rounds and crack the job!