JP Morgan & Company, a pioneer in global finance & banking services have rolled out notifications for its 2021 Recruitment Drive. Students from 2019,2020 batches who have pursued a degree in B.E/B.Tech/M.tech/B.Sc in field CSE, IT, ECE are eligible and can apply for the position of Software Engineer.
You can check out the company’s official website to apply online. To help you get started with the preparation for the JP Morgan & Co. Recruitment (2021) we have a complete preparation guide. So let us get started.
About the Company
JP Morgan and its subsidiaries have been after its founder, John Pierpont Morgan. It is an American multinational investment bank and financial services providing company. It deals with providing services in private banking, asset management, private wealth management, treasury services, and investment banking. Company has its headquarters in New York City. Its subsidiary, JP Morgan & Chase is used for credit card services in the USA and Canada.
J.P Morgan & Company are going to commence its 2021 off-campus recruitment drive for freshers, for the post of Software Engineer.
- Job Location: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai
- Experience: 0-1 years
- Salary: As per company standards
- No Active backlogs
- An aggregate of 60% or 6.5 GPA
- Batch: 2019, 2020
Let us see at a glance the job role and the company’s expectations from the young recruits.
- The company is looking for people who are passionate to solve business-related problems through innovation & good engineering practices, to be a member of the Software Engineering Group,
- You will be required to apply your in-depth knowledge and expertise in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner with many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals.
- The company embraces a culture of experimentation and constantly strives for growth and learning.
- You will be required to work in a collaborative, thought-provoking, trusting environment which encourages diversity of thoughts and application of creative solutions which are in the best interests of customers all over the world.
An aspiring candidate should possess the below-mentioned skills:
- Good knowledge of the application of data, architecture and infrastructure disciplines
- Understanding of patterns and designs across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental tools
- Good knowledge of current technology trends and their best practices
- Should have the ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organisational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Should have proficiency in one or more programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
JP Morgan & Co Recruitment Procedure
Here is a brief description of the various rounds in the J.P Morgan Recruitment Procedure. Let us have a look.
Round 1: JP Morgan Recruitment 2021 Online Application
This is the first step of your whole recruitment procedure. You are required to fill out an online application by going to the company’s website. You need to choose the business area in which you want to apply. There you need to fill in all your details regarding education, experiences, skills, internships/training, etc. There will be some questions seeking motivational replies like, “Why do you want to work with us?”, “Why do you think you are apt for the position?”
Questions like these demand a creative reply. Your answer will set your application apart from the crowd. So you need to mention everything right from your skills, personal interests, projects, and some key factors about JP Morgan that lure you to work with them.
You need to be quick with your application submission.
Round 2: JP Morgan’s Online Aptitude Test
Once you finish with your application, you need to keep a check on it. And if your application gets shortlisted, i.e you reach the next stage which is the Recruitment Stage, you need to go through different aptitude tests depending upon the domain you have applied for. They may be-:
1. Situational Judgment Test: Here you will find a number of situations that you might come across while working in JP Morgan. You will be tested on the basis of your responses. Out of the given options, you need to choose the aptest of all.
Though all the options might seem familiar, you need to apply logic and sense and choose the best fit option. It is a sort of personality-based test. This section will take 30mins to finish.
2. Numerical Reasoning Test: In this section, you will be tested on problem-solving and logical numerical reasoning. There will be unseen passages containing graphs, tables, and charts where you have to analyse the data and answer the given questions.
You will hardly get a minute to read the question. The difficulty level varies from person to person. If you are good at solving questions related to data analytics then it would be easy for you. It’s more of a pressure-management test.
Round 3: JP Morgan’s Online Video-Based Interview
After you clear the previous two rounds you will be shortlisted for an online interview.
This is a digital interview round. In this round, you will get up to eight questions and you have to record and submit your answers. This round will test your communication, body language, and presentation skills. Make sure your answers are creative, genuine, and original. You will only get three minutes to record and submit your answers.
You can practice for this round by practising some general questions in front of a mirror or in front of your friends and ask them for tips and suggestions.
Round 4: JP Morgan’s Assessment Center
If you have made it to this round, then you are very close to cracking the job. In this round, you will get an opportunity to connect with the employees of JP Morgan and learn about the work culture and other professional aesthetics. You will get an insight on how to work in JP Morgan.
(Due to the pandemic all the steps of the recruitment might be done online.)
JP Morgan’s Group Exercise: In this round, various J.P Morgan employees will examine you on how you play in the team, put forth your ideas, and contribute to your team. You can ask thought-provoking questions, argue over valid points, and ask logical questions.
You are advised to speak clearly and show confidence. The panel will judge you on your complete contribution and presentation ideas.
JP Morgan’s Written Exercise: You will be given a task of an unseen passage, mentioning a scenario. You have to prepare a written agenda and briefly express your thoughts and possible solutions. Make sure that your answers are crisp and to the point.
The written agenda should not contain any grammatical errors. Time is the main constraint here. So, even if you miss any points you need to make sure that you submit on time.
J.P Morgan’s Role Play: This round will consume a total of 20 minutes. You will be paired with another candidate and given a set of information to analyse. Both you and your partner need to prepare your response and in the second round.
Your interviewer will play the role of client and you will act as if you are representing J.P Morgan. You will be judged on your teamwork, analytical thinking, and negotiating skills.
Round 5: JP Morgan’s Final Interview
This is the final round and if you crack it, you get the job!
It is a competency-based round where you will be going through one-on-one interview rounds. Questions based on the domain to which you are applying will be asked. So this is the final chance for you to prove yourself worthy of getting a placement in JP Morgan. Tell your passions, hobbies, skills, and what motivates you to join the organisation.
Registration for JP Morgan Off-Camp Recruitment
Click on the link, once you proceed ahead, you need to provide your details about yourself, education, experiences, training/internship, projects, and skills.
You might need the following documents:
- 10TH equivalent mark sheet
- 12TH equivalent/ diploma mark sheet
- Graduation/ Post-Graduation degree/ Mark sheet of semesters
- Any govt ID (Adhaar Card, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID, etc.)
- Scanned Signature
- Scanned recent passport size photo (with dates)
- Updated Resume/CV
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, every year JP Morgan releases notifications for recruiting freshers for various domains. A student who has done B.Tech/M.Tech/B.Sc/B.Com or has pursued any other degree can apply depending upon the availability of job roles.
Once JP Morgan releases notice for its Off-Campus Drives you can go to its site and apply. Following which there are many written rounds as well as personal interviews in which the candidates are tested on the skills according to the business domain you are applying for. Sometimes the company also goes for campus recruitments in the nearby colleges.
Since most of the time, the recruitments are off-campus, so college doesn’t matter if you have the required skills and experiences or you have done certifications. However, if it chooses to go On-Campus then it prefers going to the nearby reputed colleges.
You need at least a graduation degree in any domain if you want to apply. Generally, students who have completed B.Tech/M.Tech/B.Sc/B.Com and even B.A in some cases are considered eligible to apply for the jobs. In the end, it totally matters on the job profile you are applying for and what are its demands.
In a JP Morgan recruitment drive, there are many rounds in which the candidates are tested on their communication, teamwork, technical/domain skills, etc. The rounds are quite different from the regular placement rounds of other companies, so students take a bit of time to understand it as they have not been through something like this before. Generally, the acceptance rate in JP Morgan varies from 80%-90%.
So this was all you needed to know before applying for J.P Morgan Off-Campus Recruitment (2021). Prepare well for all the rounds and add a touch of confidence to it and you are sure to crack the job!
By Shivi Srivastava