Wipro is providing a great opportunity for freshers to join the massive MNC through Wipro Off-campus Drive 2021. WILP (Work Integrated Learning Programme) and DWSD (Digital Workspace Service Desk) are two career paths that eligible candidates can choose from and then proceed to gain exposure in this huge conglomerate.
Let us briefly check what WILP and DWSD career paths have on hold for budding candidates. Also, we will understand the application process and know how to prepare for interviews or assessments that come along with the WILP and DWSD schemes.
Working at Wipro
Wipro is a massive conglomerate founded in India with its headquarters located in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Starting from the 1970s and reflecting majorly in the 80s, Wipro had shifted its major interests from daily consumer goods to computing, IT, KPO and BPO services. It made history as being the first IT and software services company to get ISO 14001 certified.
Wipro is almost reaching 200,000 employees globally distributed across 42 countries. The company provides a great work environment and has been declared as a great place to work with state-of-the-art facilities and amenities.
Ex-employees and current employees have only good things to say about Wipro as the company provides a massive number of opportunities to its employees and freshers both.
Wipro Off-campus Drive 2021 serves as an incredible opportunity for fresh graduates and 2019 graduates to gain experience working in a company like Wipro. It is highly recommended for eligible graduates to definitely try applying for this opportunity presented to freshers from many fields.
Unlike other placement drives meant for most engineers, students who have pursued degrees such as B.Sc, BCA and BBA are eligible as well to grab this opportunity.
What are WILP and DWSD?
In 2021, Wipro is offering WILP and DWSD paths to 2019 and 2020 graduates. Let us learn about these two paths offered during the off-campus drive.
WILP or Work Integrated Learning Program
Wipro is offering WILP as an integrated learning program that allows students to pursue higher studies while being sponsored by Wipro and also working. This scheme is only applicable for Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) and Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) graduates.
- Role: Service Desk (WILP)
- Job Location: Pan India
- Stipend during the first year: Rs15,000 + ESI
- Stipend during the second year: Rs 17,000 + ESI
- Stipend during the third year: Rs 19,000 + ESI
- Stipend during the fourth year: Rs 23,000 + ESI
- Service Contract: 60 months
- Working Days: Five days a week
- Shift: Rotational
DWSD or Digital Workspace Service Desk
DWSD stands for the Digital Workspace Service Desk scheme that allows graduates from various streams ranging from Bachelor of Arts (BA) to Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and even B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) to apply. In this scheme, Wipro requires a service period of 36 months to be served instead of 60 months.
- Role: Service Desk (DWSD)
- Job Location: Pan India
- Stipend during the first year: Rs 15,488
- Stipend during the second year: Rs 17,553
- Stipend during the third year: Rs 19,618
- Service Contract: 36 months
- Working Days: 5 days a week
- Shift: Rotational
Resources to Prepare for Wipro Off-Campus Drive 2021 Interviews
Coding Ninjas has launched the best course for complete preparation of Wipro Off-Campus Drive 2021Interviews, TCS, IBM, Infosys, and other similar exams and companies.
- Covers everything you need to learn, Programming(C++/Java/Python), Aptitude(Quantitative Analysis, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning).
- Faculties are best in the industry: Arun Sharma (India’s best selling author for CAT Aptitude Books) and Ankush Singla(Ex-Facebook, Ex-Amazon)
- 1-1 live doubt support via Audio/Video Calls whenever you are stuck.
- Coding Ninjas Placement Cell access.
Enroll Now in Wipro Off-Campus Drive Interview Prep Course
Though the college or university does not matter, Wipro has set a few benchmarks and standards due to the immense number of applicants. Even beyond the eligibility criteria, one can always build a better resume by completing more internships, projects and real-world assignments to have an edge over other applicants.
- Experience: Freshers
- Degree: BCA and B.Sc
- Batch: 2019 and 2020 graduates
- 12th Results: Pass marks
- 10th Results: Pass marks
- Graduation Percentage: 6.0 CGPA or 60%
- Other Requirements:
- Candidates must have done BCA or B.Sc with computer science, mathematics, electronics, IT or physics as their stream.
- They must have core mathematics as a subject during graduation. Applied or business mathematics are exceptions and will not be considered as pure mathematics here.
- Only a maximum education gap of three years is allowed. The education gap is allowed between class 10 and graduation.
- The secondary and higher secondary should be from a reputable board recognised by the Government of India.No supplementary exams, backlogs or arrears should be there.
- Candidates need to be Indians. In case a candidate belongs from Nepal or Bhutan, he/she must submit his/her documents and citizenship certificates.
- Candidates must have not applied to Wipro in the last three months. Candidates should be comfortable with rotational (24×7) shifts
- Experience: Freshers
- Degree: B.Sc, BBA, BMS, B.Com, BBM, BA
- Batch: Only 2021 graduates
- 12th Results: 50% marks
- 10th Results: 50% marks
- Graduation Percentage: 5.0 CGPA or 50%
- Other Requirements:
- A candidate must have done BA, B.Com, BBA, BMS, BBM or B.Sc (only economics).
- Candidates must have fundamental computing knowledge and should be able to navigate around digital systems or computers.
- Only a maximum education gap of three years is allowed. And, the education gap is allowed between class 10 and graduation.
- The secondary and higher secondary should be from a board recognised by the Government of India.
- No supplementary exams, backlogs or arrears should be there.
- Candidates need to be Indian citizens. In case a candidate belongs from Nepal or Bhutan, he/she must submit his/her documents and citizenship certificates.
- Candidates must have not applied to Wipro in the last three months.
- Candidates should be comfortable with rotational (24×7) shifts.
Here is the application process in detail which candidates must go through:
- A candidate must first visit Wipro’s website and find the option of registering himself/herself for the WILP or DWSD scheme.
- A profile will then be created for the candidate with a confirmation and acknowledgement message. The candidate will also receive his/her password and username during this step.
- The candidate is then required to sit for an online assessment. The results will be shared on the registered e-mail ID.
- If the candidate has cleared the online assessment, he/she will then proceed to sit for a technical interview that will involve fundamental computing and technical knowledge.
- Once the candidate is able to clear the technical interview, he/she can proceed with the final HR interview which will evaluate his/her capabilities, psychology, communication skills and confidence.
- Once selected, the candidate is then contacted by the recruitment team and HR managers to complete the remaining formalities.
To be noted, it is up to Wipro to restrict or allow any candidate to apply for the off-campus drive. Moreover, in cases where candidates are applying for the posts of engineers or software developer, they have to go through three different assessment tasks and two specialised technical interviews in order to qualify for the job role. This is different from the WILP or DWSD scheme as the job role, eligibility and requirements are different.
There are three fundamental parts of the recruitment process which candidates need to clear. Preparing for these three parts well can definitely ensure that the chances of being accepted at Wipro are as high as possible.
Here are the details related to the three parts of the recruitment tests or interviews:
The first online assessment consists of aptitude and written communication tests which must be completed in 80 minutes. Candidates must take care to dedicate only a particular amount of time to each question in order to adhere to the time restraints and not waste time on any single problem. One must definitely try completing at least 90% of each section to be able to achieve a satisfactory result.
The aptitude test is further divided into three sections focusing on verbal, quantitative and analytical skills which must be completed in 20 minutes each. There are 20 questions in each section. Candidates are advised to practise foundational arithmetic calculations and mathematical concepts to be able to clear this section.
Also, candidates should focus on practising logical and analytical problems while maintaining their completion time. Time management is the key when preparing for assessment tasks such as the ones in Wipro Off-campus Drive.
Candidates can also check out past test kits and sample papers to learn more about the general examination patterns. Practising MCQs are a great way of ensuring that one can handle answering multiple MCQs in as little time as possible.
The written communication test must also be finished in 20 minutes and involve evaluating the business communication and language skills of prospects. For this section, candidates are expected to brush up on their grammar and verbal skills. Candidates should also practise essay writing.
Time management is also very important here and candidates are required to write about 400 words within the stipulated time. Candidates can also check out antonyms, synonyms, sentence completion and find-the-error questions.
The technical interview is aimed at discovering if the candidates can make their way around computers and machines. This interview will mainly focus on the technical requirements of the jobs and involve questions related to computing knowledge, handling data, troubleshooting, diagnostics and providing assistance over chat or call.
Here are a few job requirements upon which the technical interview is based. Candidates can ensure that they perform their best at this stage by preparing accordingly.
- Candidates should be able to navigate around computers.
- One should have good communication skills and be able to provide international or local assistance over chat, e-mail, calls or web.
- Candidates should be able to handle data. Knowing Excel and other digital office tools is a plus.
- Candidates are expected to be able to generate reports.
- Candidates should be able to articulate business/client/customer problems and implement solutions.
- One should be able to troubleshoot network, computer, system, software and hardware problems when necessary.
- Candidates should possess accurate knowledge about concerning products and services.
- Candidates should be able to respond in time to service requests and issues. They should have a fundamental idea of how to perform during operations. This is more of an expectation from Wipro’s end and the company is more than happy to train freshers if some of these skills are missing.
The HR interview is the final round where candidates will be evaluated for being eligible to work at Wipro. In this round, HR managers or senior recruiters will be analysing the confidence, attitude and personalities of candidates. Interviewees will be questioned about their academic record, childhood or adulthood experiences and what they know about Wipro.
Knowing about Wipro and its huge portfolio of products or services can definitely come in handy here. One must also stay confident and calm as recruiters are tasked with repeatedly analysing the personality of the candidate. In this round, recruiters find out if the budding professional will be a capable one and a good fit for the job role or the company.
Candidates should practise speaking in English often and try going through multiple mock interviews. Grammar, communication skills and composure of the future employees are also rigorously tested here. Candidates are advised to be as impactful and articulate as possible during the HR round. Further, candidates can practise answering popular questions as part of their preparation. Here are some questions that might get asked during the interview:
- Why do you want to join Wipro?
- What do you know about Wipro?
- What can you tell us about yourself?
- What are your shortcomings? How can you ensure that you will overcome them and that it will not hamper your performance?
- How can you contribute to Wipro?
- Is experience more important or a range of tools?
- What makes you different from other candidates?
- Is taking risks important? When should we take risks?
- What is your strongest skill?
- What are your best traits?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you expect from this job?
- What do you think about the job role?
- How is Wipro different from other companies?
- What are your career expectations?
- What do you expect from Wipro and the Wipro family?
Frequently Asked Questions
Eligible candidates can apply for Wipro Off-campus Drive directly by visiting the careers page on Wipro’s official website.
One can crack Wipro Off-campus Drive by clearing the assessment tasks and then interviews. He/she needs to also fulfil the eligibility criteria.
One can prepare for Wipro Off-campus Drive by practising mock interviews and doing sample test kits or past year questions. One can additionally brush up on their grammar, business communication, logical and analytical or computing skills in order to have an edge over other candidates.
Interested candidates should have a good foundation in programming and mathematics. One can apply for this job role through Wipro’s careers page or Elite National Talent Hunt. Candidates should also practise logical and quantitative abilities.
Wipro’s work environment is great and highly appreciated by employees and ex-employees around the world. Wipro provides all the necessary facilities and amenities. It is also very supportive of its employees.
Getting into Wipro is not hard but it is not necessarily easy as well. The company only chooses the best candidates and filters the applicants through certain benchmarks. However, with a little bit of preparation, it should be easy for freshers to join Wipro.
Wipro provides an ample amount of growth opportunities to employees. It is a great place to begin your career at.
One must simply focus on staying calm and confident throughout the interview. Maintaining your composure is very important as well as having good communication skills. Technical knowledge also helps during the interview.
Freshers who graduated in 2020 or 2021 should definitely try applying for Wipro Off-campus Drive. Wipro is providing this opportunity for fresh graduates to join the company as its existence in the IT, BPO and KPO industries is growing.
Besides, it is a great opportunity for candidates from streams other than engineering to join this massive conglomerate. If one prepares a bit and brushes upon his/her communication skills, then he/she can easily score a job here.