Technocup 2021 – Codeforces is your chance to study in one of the best technical higher education institutes in Russia without even taking any exam and receive exclusive privileges to enter educational projects of Mail.ru Group!
Sounds unbelievable? Read on to know more about Technocup 2021 – Codeforces, an annual programming Olympiad for schoolchildren. This post is a comprehensive Technocup 2021 – Codeforces guide to walk you through the details of the competition and all you need to know about the next season.
Technocup 2021 – Codeforces: All You Need To Know
Technocup is an annual programming competition for school students in grades 8-11, organised jointly by the Moscow State Technical University. N.E. Bauman, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (State University), and Mail.ru Group since the 2015-16 academic year.
The Moscow State Technical University. N.E. Bauman and the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (State University) are known for holding other eminent Olympiads, such as Phystech and Step into the Future.
Technocup is one of the many Olympiads hosted by these esteemed institutes that tests the programming skills of schoolchildren. The tasks and problems proposed in Technocup comprise advanced level scientific content requiring the knowledge of various algorithms and data structures for their implementation.
As a matter of fact, you must be wondering what benefits does Technocup 2021 – Codeforces entail?
Well, like we said, participating in Technocup 2021 – Codeforces comes with perks if you are looking to get admission in the universities and technical higher education institutions of Russia, including the Moscow State Technical University. N.E. Bauman and the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.
The winners of Technocup 2021 – Codeforces will not have to take any exams to enter the universities or they can receive a good 100 points in the Unified State Exam in Computer Science. Moreover, the winners are entitled to privileges in educational projects of Mail.ru Group.
Structure And Exam Pattern
The Technocup 2021 – Codeforces Olympiad has a format somewhat similar to the international student sports programming competitions. Here are the details of the structure and exam pattern of the Technocup Olympiad:
- The Technocup Olympiad consists of two stages – qualifying (being held remotely) and final rounds.
- A two-day introductory round precedes the qualifying round during which the participants can practice and solve introductory tasks and test their strength. The results of the introductory rounds do not affect the final outcome of the Olympiad.
- Several qualifying rounds are held and participants can attempt any qualifying round. The participants who clear each qualifying round are invited to the final round.
- The final round is held in person or using remoting technologies, as the situation calls for.
Technocup 2021 – Codeforces enlists certain eligibility criteria for participants taking part in the Olympiad. The following persons are eligible to participate in the competition:
- Students pursuing educational programmes of basic general and secondary general education.
- Students mastering basic general and secondary general education programmes in the form of self-education or family education. Basic general education means the second stage of general education in Russia comprising grades 5-9. Secondary general education means the final stage of general education in Russia covering grades 10-11.
- Children mastering specific educational programmes abroad.
- All winners of the Technocup 2021 – Codeforces Olympiad will receive prizes and privileges in the educational projects of Mail.ru Group.
How To Register?
Codeforces is a partner of the Technocup Olympiad and eligible candidates have to register via the official website of Technocup.
If you are thinking about how to start preparing for the Technocup 2021 – Codeforces Olympiad, then here is a list of resources to help you with the preparation:
1. Online courses offered by the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT):
- C / C ++ Basics for Sports Programming
- Quick Start to Artificial Intelligence
2. Helpful literature:
- Andreeva E. Programming is so simple. Programming is so hard. A modern programming textbook. – 2017
- The book “Reference book of a sports programmer. Part 1”
- Halim S., Halim F. Competitive Programming 3. – Lulu Independent Publish, 2013
- Antti Laaksonen, Olympiad Programming – 2018
3. Participate in the introductory rounds to test your programming strength.
4. Go through the examples of tasks from the previous years.
5. Register for practice on the Technocup 2021 – Codeforces page to solve the contest problems and submit the solutions.
If you are looking for an online platform that can help you prepare for the Technocup 2021 – Codeforces problems, then check out the free resources and useful courses on Coding Ninjas and CodeStudio.
Previously Asked Questions
Here are some example problems from the Technocup 2020 – Elimination Round 3:
- Math Problem: The x-axis has n segments denoted by l1r1, l2r2, and so on up to lnrn. Given some conditions, it was specified that two segments (ab and cd) have a common point of intersection such that a ≤ x ≤ b and c ≤ x ≤ d. The participants were asked to find a segment of the shortest possible length which has a minimum of one common point with each of the given segments.
- Box: The problem presented the situation of a locked box that could be opened with a secret code. The secret code was a permutation p of length n, where p is a sequence consisting of n distinct positive integers between 1 and n (1 and n inclusive). The array q comprising the prefix maximums of the permutation p was given and contestants were required to calculate a suitable permutation.
- Messy: The problem described a messy room that needed a cleanup. It was given that the room is a bracket sequence s of length n, where each character of the string was either an opening or a closing bracket. It was also stated that any substring of s could be reversed. Two conditions were defined for a room to be clean – first, the string s is a regular bracket sequence and second, exactly k prefixes of the sequence are regular. Given these conditions, contestants were required to use at most n sequential operations to make the room neat and clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
Technocup 2021 – Codeforces is a programming Olympiad for school children in grades 8-11. It is organised jointly by the Moscow State Technical University. N.E. Bauman, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (State University), and Mail.ru Group.
Technocup 2021 – Codeforces, a competitive programming event, is an excellent opportunity for students who want to sharpen their programming skills and showcase their coding abilities according to the given specifications.
Eligible candidates who want to participate in the Technocup Olympiad have to register for the same.
A candidate can participate in any qualifying round.
Winners get admission benefits in the universities and technical higher education institutes across Russia. Besides, the winners of the Olympiad receive prizes as well as exclusive privileges in the educational projects of Mail.ru Group.
The following programming languages are supported in the Technocup Olympiad:
The venues of the in-person stage of the 2019-20 Technocup Olympiad were as follows:
1. MSTU, Moscow
2. MIPT, Dolgoprudny
3. SPbPU, St. Petersburg
4. KFU, Kazan
5. Voronezh State University, Voronezh
6. SUSU, Chelyabinsk
7. Siberian State University, Krasnoyarsk
8. UrFU, Yekaterinburg
9. UNN, Nizhny Novgorod
10. ISTU, Izhevsk
11. WOK “ERUDIT”, p. Streams
12. GUO “Young Firemen’s Club”, Mozyr
13. RFMSh, Nur-Sultan
14. Gymnasium №29, Minsk
15. Comprehensive School “Gazprom Kyrgyzstan”, Bishkek
16. GUO “Gymnasium No. 8 of Vitebsk”, Vitebsk
17. MUIT, Almaty
Citizenship is not a criterion for winners receiving valuable prizes and privileges in the educational projects of Mail.ru Group.
The problems posed in the Technocup Olympiad require knowledge of various algorithms and data structures in order to be implemented. Besides consulting the recommended preparation guides, candidates can practice problems from past editions of the Technocup Olympiad.
If you are a high-school student aspiring to study in one of the prestigious higher education institutes of Russia, then the Technocup Olympiad is what you should sign up for.
The competitive programming event, organised by two of the most reputable institutes (Moscow State Technical University. N.E. Bauman and Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology) along with Mail.ru Group, is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for budding programmers with an aptitude for solving challenging algorithmic problems.
Winners will get admission benefits in some of the most established universities and educational institutes across Russia, but also receive prizes and privileges in Mail.ru Group’s educational projects.
So, if you think you can use your programming skills to make it to the top, then register for the next Technocup Olympiad and start preparing today!