A lot of us had Windows as their first operating system and probably the first tech giant we heard of. A lot of us have dreamt of joining it and taken up the field of computer engineering (covering all fields – software, computing, information technology etc.).
We passed the hurdle of our entrance examinations and now it is time to pass the final hurdle to our dream, the hurdle of clearing the interview round and joining a company that cares for your talents, your skills and you in general.
The recipe of getting into it is really simple actually. Want to know how? Read on.
Benefits Of Joining Microsoft
Other than the pay scale and the exciting and elite corporate culture there are a plethora of benefits a developer can get when he joins Microsoft.
- You get an extremely comfortable car-lease policy and stock-grant policy. When you join there, a part of your salary is utilised for buying into the stocks of the company.
- You also get free access to the Microsoft Learn platform which can assist you in building your skills even further.
- Your family is also taken care of by them – you get fully sponsored health insurance for yourself and your family (not only your immediate family but also your in-laws), it is indeed very generous.
- For people who are interested in fitness or want to take care of their health, it also offers you reimbursements for all your fitness needs. Wealth and Health? Sounds like a plan, doesn’t it?
- Not to mention Microsoft has a 24×7 in-house fitness centre.
You can practically live there. (But don’t)
- Microsoft also gives you ample vacation leaves because all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
- And for all the working mothers, Microsoft also has options for maternity leaves.
- If you are not a resident of the city you got a job in, Microsoft provides you with your personal chauffeur (yes, you heard it right) to explore the city and also offers cab and bus services from and to your place of residence.
- For the nerds, Microsoft has a library that is a heaven for all the bookworms. In addition to world-class authors on the bookshelves, you also get access to premium journals from all around the world.
- To help employees bond with another, Microsoft conducts regular parties and outings.
Microsoft genuinely holds a monopoly when it comes to employee satisfaction. And if Microsoft is offering you the best, shouldn’t you prepare in the best manner too?
CodeStudio’s Roadmap To Crack Microsoft Interview
Now that you are aware of the perks Microsoft holds for you and how impactful it will be in your life, I am pretty sure you want to join Microsoft by now. But how do you do that? How much practice is enough practice? What are all topics you need to practice? What happens in Microsoft interviews? What kinds of questions are asked in Microsoft interviews? Are you fit for Microsoft?
Slow down soldier, you’ll get answers to all your questions today.
Having set foot into the educational industry for a really long time now, nurturing students to get their dream job and helping them become better engineer day by day, Coding Ninjas with their new initiative CodeStudio is here to your rescue and will provide you with all the resources you need to have the honor of being a Microsoft employee.
The triumphing trifecta of CodeStudio – coding questions, interview experiences and discussion forums brings to you a streamlined journey into the world of development and cracking your Microsoft interview with ease.
So how do you do it? Let’s dive deeper into it.
Step 1: Read Interview Experiences
Before starting with coding problems, you need to analyse the trends and the patterns of Microsoft interviews. What questions do they ask? How many questions do they ask? How many coding rounds are there? Do you need to be prepared with any other subject except data structures and algorithms?
Too many questions, phew.
At CodeStudio’s platform, you will get to read interview experiences of various job roles and various experience levels. Not only this you will also be able to see if the interview took place on campus or off-campus and if they were selected or not. If they were selected, you learned what to do and if they were not selected, you learned what not to do.
Here is the beautiful link for you to read the interview experiences.
Step 2: Practice Questions for Microsoft Interview
Now that you know what to do you need to do, you can go forward with practicing questions.
You can do this in two ways:
- Go to the complete list of questions on CodeStudio and filter the questions by company.
- Take advantage of the Top 100 Microsoft Interview Questions curated by CodeStudio.
Here is the mind blowing link for top 100 Microsoft questions.
Here is an example of a question from the top 100 interview questions from Microsoft. In the left pane, you see the prompt for the question and in the right pane, you can write the code. The left pane also contains the average time and the difficulty level of the question.
You can practice as many times as you want to, view the editorial for the problem and participate in discussions and reach your ultimate goal.
Frequently Asked Questions
CodeStudio is a platform to assist you in the journey of being it’s employee. While CodeStudio has all the resources you need for your preparation, you need to work hard to achieve your goal.
Working at Microsoft is no less than a boon. You are cared for and treated in the best way possible. It is one of the few big companies that work in the employee first mode. In addition to the pretty pay-scale, you also get multiple health benefits, company stocks and a chance to go on trips and excursions with your colleagues.
Yes, it offers internships for undergraduates in their sophomore or junior years.
Every Microsoft job has different eligibility criteria. You are requested to check the eligibility before applying for a job at Microsoft.
Microsoft employees have a diverse skill set, both technical and non-technical. The skill set varies with varying job profiles, but one thing remains constant – diligence and the will to make the world a technologically better place.
According to payscale.com, the average salary of a software development engineer in Microsoft is about 17 lakh rupees.
When you have the ammunition in your hand, you need to aim at your target and hit the bull’s eye. Similarly, here in this scenario, you have the ammunition of CodeStudio in your hands and your target is getting a job at Microsoft. To aim at your target and pull the trigger, you need to be true and accountable to yourself. You need to be sure that this is something you want and something you want to work for by putting your heart and soul into it.
Strengthen your basic concepts and practice at CodeStudio. Practice till you can blindly solve the questions and practice till the solutions come into your mind subconsciously. Then you will be truly ready to bear the fruits of your hard work – a placement at Microsoft.
By Pooja Gera