The demand for Spreadsheet libraries has been tremendously increasing and currently, it is at the peak level.
This will give you an immaculate idea about the solutions that can be used for building efficient and high computing web pages involving a large amount of data computation and manipulation with the help of graphical tools such as charts, tables, line graphs, histograms, and arrayed tabular data.
Benefits of Using a Spreadsheet Compiler
They differ in complexity and are used for multiple purposes, but the main objective is to organize and divide data into a logical sequence. After posting this data into the spreadsheet, one can use it for organizing and expanding business.
The Prime Benefits Of Using a Spreadsheet
- These Spreadsheets don’t have to be trained explicitly: Most of us have some hands-on experience on spreadsheets, some of us have used them for managing our personal finances, while some spent countless minutes building graphs and tables for various purposes. Apart from natively building on complicated formulas, spreadsheets are considered to be fairly intuitive and do not require any explicit training. This adds more to the accessibility of spreadsheets.
- Spreadsheets are editable: Spreadsheets store the entered data into distinct cells, these cells can also hold self-written or predesigned formulas.
- Formulas can be generated: The feature of entering mathematical formulas adds a lot to the utility of spreadsheets. Consider the following cell formula used for carrying out a numerical calculation:= A3*7. This cell will multiply the value in cell A3 by seven. Spreadsheet Formulas express numerous process data sets. The usual processes include picking up values from a specified range, testing if these values meet the laid conditions, performing arithmetic operations, counting iterations, and transforming data items.
- A wide set of Preset Functions: Widely used formulas are stored automatically in the Spreadsheet and comes with an extended chain of preset functions that embrace the commonly used formulas manually. These preset functions are single-click button implementations, they don’t have to be typed. For example Sum function, the average function, and so on.
- Displays the data graphically: The readability and clarity of data are highly increased by using graphical structures such as bar charts, pie charts, dendrograms, histograms, and so on. They also allow the user to make a keen observation and visualize the data structure and status.
The extended features include clipboard, data security, sorting and filtering data, data appearance and customisations, and interaction with the offline templates. The users have given numerous reviews highlighting the short learning curve of the library. The documentation is very well written.
The Webix library is backed by Backbone, Angular and jQuery platforms from the backend. Apart, from these the rendering speed is fast and the product is light. It comes with a very biased perk, that is, it is compatible with devices of any screen size.
The starting price of the purchasing Webix SpreadSheet license is $778 and the free trial period extends up to one month.
Dhtmlx SpreadSheet: This library is yet another solution for adding any cross-browser Excel-sort of appendable data table on any web page available, This library allows us to display the data on any Ajax-based spreadsheet and store it on the cloud. Custom toolbar controls, fancy icons, menu and various context menu items, cell formatting functionalities, and grid operations are some of the extended features of the library.
This Library has a very robust backend structure as it backed up by Angular, Vue, and React platforms. There is a very dense discussion community for,well-written documentation and clear study guides for learning the library. One of the highly recognized advantages of this library is to easily convert tabular data into PDF or excel formats.
The starting price of this license is $149.
Grapecity SpreadJS: This JS library is a completely customized spreadsheet web app, that comes with full visualization and calculation functions. Its components support all the modern browsers and it is backed up by efficient frameworks such as Angular, React, and Vue.
This library solves multiple commercial problems such as budgeting, dashboard maintenance, data conservation and manipulation, scientific perseverance, healthcare solves, education data maintained, finance data overloading, and so on. This engine comes with around five hundred functions and provides native excel-based input and output strategies and the API engine is highly effective.
The subscription amount for the license is $1499. It comes with a yearly plan for maintenance and updates.
JExcel: It is one of the lightest jquery plugins used for rendering a spreadsheet compatible with Excel in any of your websites or web-applications. The JExcel library simplifies the integration of Microsoft Excel into Swing applications.
It is used for a very wide range of tasks ranging from showcasing a workbook to handling Excel events (front-end) or actually embedding a workbook into any live Java application(backend). The exclusive features of JExcel include key-value dropdown, multiple spreadsheets, CSV loading/exporting, and so on.
It can automate Excel applications, sheets, and workbooks.JExcel comes with a JWorkbook component which is embedded in an Excel workbook in a Java swing application or regular Swing applications.
HTML5 Excel Viewer: The HTML5 Excel Viewer is an a-like solution from Syncfusion. It comes with the traditional excel functionalities, that include data selection, data binding, data editing, field formatting, data selection, resizing, sorting data, and import and export of Excel documents.
Default support for bookmarks and hyperlinks is also available to provide efficient navigation via web links or even cell citations within the same sheet or intra-sheet cells but in the same workbook. There is a collaborative editing feature, which allows multiple users to work on the spreadsheet parallelly in the same timestamp so that the changes are updated instantly.
This Excel Viewer library is integrated with React, Angular and Vue for backend support. Users have reported that the technical support is very active.
The subscription license is available from $995 onwards.
Frequently Asked Questions
The license comes with lots of constraints and restrictions to avoid unauthorized access or access by multiple users. A few constraints include the scenario in which if you log in to one system you will automatically get logged out of the other systems in the same real-time if the number of limited devices is overshoot.
Yes, all the CRUD operations such as INSERT, DELETE, ADD or UPDATE are done in the very specific timestamp in the spreadsheet as these try to replicate the HTML tables that are usually created in PHP. The reading is very accurate and a very wide range of applications is carried out with the help of the inbuilt functions.
By Vanshika Singolia