Introduction to TCS CodeVita 2021
TCS CodeVita 2021 is the flagship coding contest of TCS which is organized every year for science and engineering students who like coding and wish to pursue a career in this field. Here, students across the globe participate and compete to win the coveted ‘World’s Best Coder’ title.
It started in 2012 with the aim of promoting Programming-as-a-Sport. It will be its 9th season this year. In its last season, it had nearly three lakh participants. It used to be a team event, but since 2017 it is an individual event.
Start Your Preparation for the TCS CodeVite 2021with our free trial courses, for understanding the basics.
Resources to Prepare for TCS CodeVita
Before we jump into understanding the eligibility criteria of TCS CodeVita. Coding Ninjas has launched the best course for complete preparation of TCS CodeVita Interviews, IBM, Infosys, and other similar exams and companies.
- Covers everything you need to learn, Programming(C++/Java/Python), Aptitude(Quantitative Analysis, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning).
- Faculties are best in the industry: Arun Sharma (India’s best selling author for CAT Aptitude Books) and Ankush Singla(Ex-Facebook, Ex-Amazon)
- 1-1 live doubt support via Audio/Video Calls whenever you are stuck.
- Coding Ninjas Placement Cell access.
Enroll Now in TCS Interview Prep Course
Contest Rounds for TCS CodeVita 2021:
- Students from institutes across India who are completing their academic program in the year 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 are eligible for the CodeVita contest.
- Undergraduates and Postgraduates related to Engineering & Science background in any domain are eligible.
Contest Round Details For TCS CodeVita 2021:
CodeVita is an online coding contest that consists of three major rounds which includes:
- Pre-Qualifier Round
- Qualifier Round
- Grand Finale
Apart from this, TCS organizes lots of competitions like TCS NQT, Codevita, Inframind, TCS iBegin, TCS NextStep, TCS HackQuest, and so on.
Pre-Qualifier Round Details:
Post Qualifier Round Details:
Grand Finale Details:
Top three coding winners will win total prize money of US$20, 000/-
- Global Rankings based on your performance.
- Career opportunities as well in TCS.
- If you get rank under 1000 in the first round you will be shortlisted for direct interview.
- Number and Types of questions: Over the years, the number of questions asked in the contest ranged from 6 to 8, these questions mainly test your knowledge of logical thinking, algorithms, data structures, code presentation, and time management. Important topics include arrays and sorting, data structures (lists, stacks, queues, maps, graphs, etc), dynamic programming, greedy algorithms.
- Languages supported on CodeVita: C, C++, C#, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, and Ruby.
Get the information on TCS’s previous year’s interview experiences on CodeStudio.
Preparation For TCS CodeVita 2021?
You will be given a few problems that you have to solve within six hour time limit.
- You should be good at algorithms and data structures. If you are a novice at programming, you can start with Coding Ninjas Foundation Course of algorithms and data structures.
- After completing the fundamentals, you can practice questions on various sites like HackerRank, Codechef, Codeforces, etc.
- Try the previous years’ CodeVita problems
- CodeVita Mock Test
- The contest is 6 hours long. So, practice at least 6 hours of coding stints. Get to know which 6-hour slot suits you. Slots of 12 to 6 and 7 to 1 are preferred by many because of the quiet environment and stable server. Keep some food around while you code.
- In the test, do NOT share your code or get involved in plagiarism, or you will get rejected without a fair chance.
Last Years TCS CodeVita Winners (2019)
- Winner: Sheng Yu Hang from National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- 1st Runner-Up: Ali Khosravi from RMIT University, Australia
- 2nd Runner-Up: Tan Jia Qing from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Frequently Asked Questions
The difficulty level of TCS CodeVita varies from year to year. It comprises easy to moderate questions which may be solved easily by brute force approaches or the student might have to solve some tricky problems based on complex data structures.
To prepare for TCS CodeVita, you need to first strengthen your basic concepts after which you should practice moderate and hard level questions on CodeStudio.
Yes, TCS hires candidates through CodeVita.
A secret code in TCS CodeVita is a unique link which is used for registration of participants for the competition.
Gear up! All the best, you could be next!
To register for CodeVita 2020, log on to the Campus Commune Portal, and to know more about TCS Codevita 2021, please log in to this page.
Start your preparation with Coding Ninjas by choosing one of the topics to practice coding interview questions!!