Technology is changing at a fast pace and so should the skillset of programmers, developers and coders. One such way to do it is to actively participate in coding competitions from the beginning to learn the concepts, practice them and become a pro.
Below is the list of some popular and highest-ranking coding challenges that can expand your learning, aptitude and analytical approach towards programming.
Popular Coding Competitions challenges
It is a web application with a large collection of coding challenges, introductory videos, interview preparation courses and algorithm tutorials that helps people practice their programming skills and prepare for coding interviews.
Apart from this, the platform is open to the entire programming community to host their own contests. Major institutions and organizations across the globe use our platform to host their contests. On average, 30+ external contests are hosted on our platform every month.
The platform conducts and offers diverse contest categories with a duration that gives a moderate coding experience.
The platform at large hosts a massive number of active programmers solving questions every day and supports 14 coding languages to diversify the Q&A.
The competition features Local Contests, Regional Contests, Regional Championships and The World Finals.
Each year ICPC kick-starts the competition with its local competitions and in phases moving towards the World Finals. All the teams during each contest are allotted five hours to solve 10 Programming Questions for which the solutions must be submitted in C, C++, Java, Python or Kotlin language.
Also read these 10 tips to ace competitive programming challenges
Importance of participating in Coding Competitions
- Company Placements: Participating in at least some of the leading coding competitions can not only boost your chances for securing a job with a bigwig but can equally be rewarding and promising. Because a good programmer will not only stay at par with the ongoing tech trends and technologies but also with unique problem-solving methods that can be learned extensively at coding competitions.
- Faster: Regularly practising at the coding competitions can stem-up you speed and equally reducing your chances of missing out on key details with an improved conversion rate because contest programmers are accustomed to strict deadlines.
- Focused: Participating in coding competitions frequently improvises your ability to focus and scale-up your eye to catch the details.
- Debugging: Programmers that are frequently participating in online coding competitions are also incredible debuggers, as debugging is a crucial aspect of contest programming.
Average programmers are 90% satisfied with a 99% working solution, however, for contest programmers, the approach is always binary – it either works correctly all the time, or it doesn’t work at all.
- Optimum Exposure: Generally, contest programmers are exposed to an elite group of coders that are way forward in their approach when it comes to coding and programming.
These coders not only comprehend the questions but maintain the balance without being overconfident that can help them build a global community of coders they can approach for mentorship, professional and project-based opportunities.
Programming can be time-taking yet intriguing if you know the hacks and methods to try and innovate something each day. We have listed down all the right reasons for you to code extensively during this time to polish your programming skills.
There is a reason that programmers religiously and consecutively participate in coding competitions that can a major contributor to your work profile.