Whether it is cars, banks, or home appliances, every aspect of our lives depends on codes. The programming languages and coding have made life simpler for all of us. Be it any leading tech giant, the core competencies which they look for in a candidate is the knowledge of specific programming language. The concepts involving data analytics, UX research, web designing, cloud computing etc are an asset today because these complement the technologies of tomorrow.
The ever-growing list of programming languages has made it difficult for the aspiring (and experienced) developers to pick any one language that’s most suitable for securing their dream jobs. So, which programming languages will be in demand in the year 2020 and beyond?
Here are some of the recommended programming languages for coders who want to make it big in 2020.
Best Programming Languages To Learn in 2020
Most people who intend to focus on server-side programming often choose Python due to its libraries that make it useful in writing scripts and plug-ins. Here are some of the key features associated with Python:
- Used in various fields such as Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, and desktop and web applications
- Access to several modules
- Asynchronous coding design
- Cross-platform solutions
The likes of Instagram, Google and Netflix are picking up Python to develop cross-platform solutions. Many more implementations would be seen in 2020 which is an advantage for the Python developers.
- Object-oriented programming
- Access to various frameworks
- Can be used to program both server-side as well as client-side applications
- Data validation functionality
- Compatibility with various languages
Kotlin is emerging as an alternative to Java for Android Development and is supported and promoted by Google. Therefore, the developers are picking up Kotlin seeing it’s increasing popularity. Some of the notable features of Kotlin are:
- Object-oriented programming
- Runs well with the java frameworks
- Useful in both front-end and back-end programming
- Flexible and easy to debug
In the year 2020, Kotlin is going to emerge as a programming environment for Android development due to its clean and short syntax.
R was designed at the University of Auckland by Robert Gentleman and Ross Ihaka. R is often used in fields such as data mining and machine learning to develop various projects. Here are some of the important features of R:
- Comprehensive statistical analysis language
- Easy to code
- Good for GNU/Linux as well as Windows
- Highly extensible
- Cross-platform which makes it seamlessly run on various OS
R has been adopted by various enterprises at present. If you are willing to join the ‘Analytics’ team of a huge organization, you should definitely learn R.
Swift is used for developing IOS applications. Apple has a significant market share in the present market. If you want to be a part of the iOS applications developer community, you must learn Swift seriously.
Here are the pros of learning R in 2020:
- Automatic memory management to prevent memory leaks
- Supported by Apple!
- Better scalability for adding more functionalities to the product
- Easy to write clean and reusable code
- The English-like syntax that makes it readable
- Makes code sharing better and development faster
- Very fast as compared to Objective-C
It has replaced the Objective-C which was earlier used to develop iOS apps. It has become an immediate hit in terms of performance and usability if compared with the previously offered languages. To learn more about programming, click here.
The above-mentioned programming languages are likely to emerge in 2020, observing the latest trends. Every major company is going to hire big for developers that are good with these languages.
Your programming journey might not be a cakewalk but with practical knowledge of any of these languages, your career growth is certain in the year 2020. All the best for your programming career!
Willing to learn programming in 2020? Feel free to check out our courses at CodingNinjas.